Jarell Brooks saves woman/kids after Jamie Rohr abandoned them in Aurora CO, shooting

Daps
Yeap.

Two white women had escaped outside the exit door and was sitting on the ground until they saw James Holmes comeback outside. Eric Hunter went to close the exit door when he saw the two white women. He pulled the two white women back inside and closed the exit door seconds before James Holmes got back in.

It's crazy how the media is not talking about this.

Stories Of Heroism During Aurora Theater Shooting Begin To Emerge (PHOTO)

Stories are now emerging of heroism and courage from inside the Century 16 theaters in Aurora, Colo., where a gunman opened fire during a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Eric Hunter, a 23-year-old from Aurora, was inside Theater 8, adjacent to the scene of the shootings. When he heard the gunshots, he ran to open an exit door and found two teenage girls, one of whom was wounded in the face, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Hunter, who is a radiology technician, pulled the girls into the theater. But before he could shut the door, he found himself momentarily face to face with the shooter -- 24-year-old James Holmes. However, Hunter managed to slam the door shut, even as he could hear the gunman pounding on it. Hunter's actions possibly saved dozens of lives as the shooter never managed to come through to Theater 8.

"He's coming my way so I shut the door. So I hold the door for a little bit. He's banging on the door for about 10 seconds," Hunter told the Associated Press.

Hunter then called 911, before going over to help the two girls. He was helped by an off-duty paramedic.

Hunter isn't the only hero: ABC News has the story of 19-year-old Jarrell Brooks, who helped a mother, Patricia Legarreta, and her two young children escape even as he was injured himself.

"At the end of the aisle, I ran into a woman. She yelled, 'My kids!' and I saw she had two young kids with her," Brooks told ABC News. "I made sure they got in the aisle and pushed behind her to make sure she got out of there." The teen crawled on top of Legarreta in an attempt to push them out the door.

Unfortunately, while the children escaped unhurt, both Legarreta and Brooks were injured in the gunfire. Still, Legarreta is glad that teens like Brooks are out there.

"It makes me feel glad because I felt helpless," she told ABC News. "Everybody at that moment was going through it, and to know that someone had that mindset, it makes me feel happy to know that in times of trial, there are good people out there."

Others, like 19-year-old Emma Goos (pictured above), rushed to help the injured. Goos, who was sitting in the third row of the theater when the shooter entered, told the Associated Press that she helped apply pressure to an injured man's head.

Moved by the magnitude of the tragedy, people from across the country are attempting to reach out to victims too. A user on social news site Reddit wants to start a Facebook campaign to have Christian Bale dress up in a Batman outfit and visit kids injured in the shooting.

Elsewhere, heroism came in the form of a victim's simple refusal to give in to fear -- like Colorado State football recruit Zach Golditch. Golditch was hit by a bullet on the left side of his neck as he sat in a theater adjacent to the one that Holmes opened fire in, the Canon City Daily Record reports. Despite his injury, the football player was eager to go for a morning workout.

Perhaps the last word in the tragedy belongs to Eric Hunter. “He (the shooter) is not going to keep me from going to my movies,” he told the L.A. Times

Check out our slideshow of Twitter reactions that show how Americans banded together during this tragedy:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
:what: Why is it when you have a news story that puts a black person in a positive light, nikkas be on some "See? We all so good and so much better than those cacs.....only a black person could do that"......but when a negative story about a black person comes out, y'all be on some "why the media make us look bad/not all black people do that/you a c00n if you think what that nikka did has anything to do with black people in general"

Stop it, slime. You can't have all black people take the credit for the good deed of one breh.....then be all "that ain't got nothing to do with us" when a breh breaks the law. Let this nikka get the credit he deserves BY HIMSELF.

Why the fukk not? All Black people get the blame when one Black person doesn't something foul. If this had been about a white guy saving a Black woman and her two kids (about a .000000000001% chance of it happening) and a Black dude running out of the theater to save his own life, all you would hear about is the cowardice of the Black male species.

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
Why the fukk not? All Black people get the blame when one Black person doesn't something foul. If this had been about a white guy saving a Black woman and her two kids (about a .000000000001% chance of it happening) and a Black dude running out of the theater to save his own life, all you would hear about is the cowardice of the Black male species.

:what: So instead of trying to get everyone to be more realistic and say "This black guy is a good person for doing something, and THAT OTHER black guy is bad for doing something else".......you'd rather have a pointless, inaccurate back-and-forth where CACs say "all blacks are bad because one of them did this", and y'all say "we the GOAT race because another one of us did this" in response?

And you wonder why these dumb race arguments never end :snoop:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
qNdBf.jpg

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of y'all are too sensitive and quick to declare some racist agenda. all what they saying about him is true. none is making it up or making excuses for him if anything they're showing that a highly educated and intelligent white male can go out and commit heinous acts too. and the only reason why they're digging into his background is because it's not expected for someone like that to commit such an act so everyone's curios as to why. During the DC sniper thing the media went into the shooters background just the same.

Not saying there aren't white folk with an agenda out there but some of you act like all white and media people sole purpose is to get up everyday and conspire about against us.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
That marriage is gonna end in divorce, guaranteed. What a cowardly, sorry, and utter disgrace of a man. :pacspit:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
on the real...fukk that c00n ass nikka jarell,str8 up and down

:stopitslime:@ getting shot over a white bytch that he ain't even fukking..meanwhile that coward who left her is getting some good head from that hoe as we speak..

incidents like this is exactly why i said this in that "simp gives her the whole world" thread:

Hey breh, shut the fukk up.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
that dude will never be able to put his wife or kid in check

coward cac: go to your room, you're grounded

lil cac: :usure: remember when you left me & mommy for dead?

:laff:

One of those contribution links someone dropped earlier was done by Isiah Rider's wife, so it might be on point.