Jason Weaver turned down 2 million for the lion king

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That Investing Plan Sounds Good Until The Other Option Is Lifelong Royalties On A Billion Dollar Disney Empire That’s Being Kept Alive For Generations Upon Generations

I Think Anyone, Even Financial Experts Would Take The Royalties And Run

We’re Not Talking About “Charles In Charge” Royalties This Is A fukking Disney Entity

That’s An Investment W Zero Risk

Last edited:

All Star
Daps
I think you're missing the point.. You can buy an apartment complex and have cash flow and appreciation and tax breaks. You can also buy stocks and make money easy. The issue is most people are financially stupid and they don't understand money.

This is not groundbreaking news.

With that being said, the odds of the average investor being savvy enough that they would have flipped $2m (pre-tax) and outpaced whatever The Lion King royalties generated over 25 years? Risk-free?

I don't even know what those checks look like and I'm still saying doubtful.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to Wikipedia, The original Lion King film grossed $968,483,777 worldwide since its release in 1994. Not a billi but damn close.

We don't actually know what percentage Weaver gets paid in royalties, but let's say his mom negotiated just 1% of revenue generated by the film alone.

The Lion King was released 25 years ago, so he's earned $9,684,837.77 off the movie just in royalties, nearly quintupling the initial offer of $2 million, not including the initial $100K he got. That works out to $387,393.51 a year, every year, for sh*t he did when he was 14.

Zero risk, no losses.No property management, nothing. Straight money. That's WAAAYY better that the returns you get by investing normally, even if we're talking real estate.

Not only that, but dude gets additional royalties from when his voice is used in media, merchandise (singing Lion King toys, etc.), so it's probably closer to $500K, or half a million dollars a year. Every year. For 25 years. And he'll most likely get checks for the rest of his life.

Again, zero risk.

This is why I would never take financial advice from the Coli. :mjlolhairfade:
:mjlol: You're really stupid
Had he invested the 1.9m in a s&p 500 fund which averaged 11% lifetime he would have 26 million dollars..My God you nikkaz are stupid.. No wonder why people stay poor..:smugdraper:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is not groundbreaking news.

With that being said, the odds of the average investor being savvy enough that they would have flipped $2m (pre-tax) and outpaced whatever The Lion King royalties generated over 25 years? Risk-free?

I don't even know what those checks look like and I'm still saying doubtful.
There's a reason Vlad said what he said. This shyt only makes sense to people who don't understand money..

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:mjlol: You're really stupid
Had he invested the 1.9m in a s&p 500 fund which averaged 11% lifetime he would have 26 million dollars..My God you nikkaz are stupid.. No wonder why people stay poor..:smugdraper:

nikka he wouldn't have 1.9 million to invest...what would he have left after living expenses, agents fees, taxes and other bullsh*t? Probably much less than $1.9 million, I'm sure. :mjlolhairfade:

Also, do you put your entire, pre-tax check in investments and stocks? If so, I'm not the stupid one. :bptchallalol:

Did he make less than $26 million in 25 years off of the Lion King alone? Sure...but making nearly $10 million with zero risks is far from being a stupid choice. It's only "stupid" if you're greedy :kanyebp:

Guaranteed, zero risk money that gets paid no matter what you do beats investing/flipping, bar none. Who's to say he's not also investing a portion of that 500K a year and making even more? :bptchallalol:

EDIT: Decided to look it up, and the S&P 500 index fund average return rate from the past 30 years is 6.622%, not 11%. 11% is the maximum possible return rate, not the average.

Even if J-Weave invested $1.9 million in an S&P 500 index fund at Vanguard (because apparently he didn't need to eat or pay taxes :mjlolhairfade: ) that investment would be $10,073,216.65 over 25 years...almost about the same he's made now. :russ:

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka he wouldn't have 1.9 million to invest...what would he have left after living expenses, agents fees, taxes and other bullsh*t? Probably much less than $1.9 million, I'm sure. :mjlolhairfade:

Also, do you put your entire, pre-tax check in investments and stocks? If so, I'm not the stupid one. :bptchallalol:

Did he make less than $26 million in 25 years off of the Lion King alone? Sure...but making nearly $10 million with zero risks is far from being a stupid choice. It's only "stupid" if you're greedy :kanyebp:

Guaranteed, zero risk money that gets paid no matter what you do beats investing/flipping, bar none. Who's to say he's not also investing a portion of that 500K a year and making even more? :bptchallalol:
This is why you're stupid.. The royalties are taxed... So in theory it doesn't matter what numbers we use you still lose.

If you have under 500k don't even talk anymore..

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This is why you're stupid.. The royalties are taxed

And? :bpunimpressed:

It's zero risk. Even if it's taxed, he gets it without having to do sh*t. It's not dependent on him making investments at all, and he can just focus on his actual career (acting and singing) instead of investing. :bpunimpressed:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

That’s The Funny shyt, He Could Take The 2 Mill Invest And Have No Lifelong Disney Royalties

Or

He Could Have The Royalties And Still Invest lol

Its A No Brainer

Dudes On The Coli Act Like They’re Wolves Of Wall Street But They Don’t Even Work With Advisors Like Real Big Wigs Do, They Watch YouTube,Podcasts And Avoid Any Trade Fees They Can Because They’re Broke, Cheap And Afraid Of Risk

Then Get On Here Like Experts

Dudes On Here Literally Invest Their Spare Change On Coffee Via An App And Wanna Talk Like Warren Buffet

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s The Funny shyt, He Could Take The 2 Mill Invest And Have No Lifelong Disney Royalties

Or

He Could Have The Royalties And Still Invest lol

Its A No Brainer

Dudes On The Coli Act Like They’re Wolves Of Wall Street But They Don’t Even Work With Advisors Like Real Big Wigs Do, They Watch YouTube,Podcasts And Avoid Any Trade Fees They Can Because They’re Broke, Cheap And Afraid Of Risk

Then Get On Here Like Experts

Dudes On Here Literally Invest Their Spare Change On Coffee Via An App And Wanna Talk Like Warren Buffet
:russ::russ::russ::russ: It's so crazy. Talmbout investing in Apple and all these stocks at 13 years old, throwing the whole 1.9 milly. If it is so easy, some of these coli brehs should be approaching billionaire status.

I wish I had Jason weaver money

Daps
Coli financial advisors at it again. :mjlol:

Jason Weaver essentially “invested” that $2M in the Lion King. How any one is trying to spin that as an L is just hate. Talking about other investments is stupid. He didn’t know shyt about Apple. He (well his mom) knew The Lion King was special, being a part of its production so they invested in that. Nothing wrong with that.

There’s producers that invested way more than $2M in that movie (more than $2M in movies that didn’t perform well, too).

All Star
Daps
There's a reason Vlad said what he said. This shyt only makes sense to people who don't understand money..

Had I realized you were in here arguing for 8 pages about how easy investing is, I wouldn't have bothered. Carry on Chedda.

3147860457_b92479f1d2.jpg

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

EDIT: Decided to look it up, and the S&P 500 index fund average return rate from the past 30 years is 6.622%, not 11%. 11% is the maximum possible return rate, not the average.

Even if J-Weave invested $1.9 million in an S&P 500 index fund at Vanguard (because apparently he didn't need to eat or pay taxes :mjlolhairfade: ) that investment would be $10,073,216.65 over 25 years...almost about the same he's made now. :russ:

I don't like helping broke nikkaz but you said 30 years? Men lie, women lie, numbers don't

FBGRX - Fidelity ® Blue Chip Growth Fund | Fidelity Investments

FXAIX - Fidelity ® 500 Index Fund | Fidelity Investments

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
George Lucas did a similar thing with Star Wars, getting royalties instead of a regular director's salary. Jack Nicholson also did this in Batman, and make $60 million+. This is 99% time the smart move, glad his mom had the foresight