Jason Weaver turned down 2 million for the lion king

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Like... had he took the 2 million and took 100k for himself and invested 1.9 million in Nike in 1994 he would have over 100 million dollars right now. I think that's why Vlad said he could have took the 2 million and been better off.

And you coulda took $10,000 and invested in apple 10 years ago and been a millionaire. Why didn’t you? Don’t say you didn’t have it because you could have take loan.

Everything is a game of hindsight and the decision Jason made was a smart one. He was 12 years old when that offer was made. Most likely if he took the money upfront he family would have leeched off of him and he woulda blew the rest in his early 20s. Now he gets steady residual for the rest of his life. Again this is why people rarely play the long game because it pays off slowly. All we want is quick lump sum hit.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you coulda took $10,000 and invested in apple 10 years ago and been a millionaire. Why didn’t you? Don’t say you didn’t have it because you could have take loan.

Everything is a game of hindsight and the decision Jason made was a smart one. He was 12 years old when that offer was made. Most likely if he took the money upfront he family would have leeched off of him and he woulda blew the rest in his early 20s. Now he gets steady residual for the rest of his life. Again this is why people rarely play the long game because it pays off slowly. All we want is quick lump sum hit.
I am invested in apple :mjlol:.. nikka I'm good:myman:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Like... had he took the 2 million and took 100k for himself and invested 1.9 million in Nike in 1994 he would have over 100 million dollars right now. I think that's why Vlad said he could have took the 2 million and been better off.
If he had invest alta vista stock back then he’d be broke. How would he know which company is gonna take off?

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If he had invest alta vista stock back then he’d be broke. How would he know which company is gonna take off?
Lol there's mutual funds if you don't know what you're doing. Why would you invest in alta vista? I never even heard of that company.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok I looked it up.. Alta Vista was never a stock.. They never went public.. They sold to Yahoo for 180m...

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's not hindsight it's obvious you take the money.. I'm done because 90% of the world are financially stupid

According to Wikipedia, The original Lion King film grossed $968,483,777 worldwide since its release in 1994. Not a billi but damn close.

We don't actually know what percentage Weaver gets paid in royalties, but let's say his mom negotiated just 1% of revenue generated by the film alone.

The Lion King was released 25 years ago, so that would mean he's earned $9,684,837.77 off the movie just in royalties. That's nearly quintuple the initial offer of $2 million, not including the initial $100K he got. That works out to $387,393.51 a year, every year, for sh*t he did when he was 14.

Zero risk, no losses. Straight money. That's WAAAYY better that the returns you get by investing normally, even if we're talking real estate.

Not only that, but dude gets additional royalties from when his voice is used in media, merchandise (singing Lion King toys, etc.), or anytime a song he sung gets played. So it's probably closer to $500K, or half a million dollars a year. Every year. For 25 years. And he'll most likely get checks for the rest of his life.

Again, zero risk.

This is why I would never take financial advice from the Coli. :mjlolhairfade:

Last edited:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I think you're missing the point.. You can buy an apartment complex and have cash flow and appreciation and tax breaks. You can also buy stocks and make money easy. The issue is most people are financially stupid and they don't understand money.
You're not going to make more money consistently than Disney

King Poetic

High Roller
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County , California
A lot of u coli dudes always talking about investing this or investing in that with other people money

Talking about he could have easily flipped that 2 million into more... he highly could have loss that 2 million as well quicker

Take the 100k and guaranteed royalties that will continue longer

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
:comeon::comeon:

Simba is getting checks for a song he sang 20 years ago. He has to do 0 work and is getting paid.

Buying apartments, stock etc is also a good play, but how many people really are finacially literate like that.

Singing a 4 min song and getting broke off for generations > dealing with lawyers, financial advisors, if stock market crashes etc etc

Yup, would you rather sit on your ass and eat, or stress over a fukking stock market and might end up penniless :usure: