Jason Weaver turned down 2 million for the lion king

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I would have took the 2mil. You can invest that 2mil and probably make double the amount you can from royalties.
People on the coli think that investing your money automatically means you will accumulate gains. It doesn't work that way. There's a lot of risk with investing 2 mil. Also for it to accumulate could take far longer. Loss could be involved as well. It's not that simple; not sure why some of y'all think this way.

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think you're missing the point.. You can buy an apartment complex and have cash flow and appreciation and tax breaks. You can also buy stocks and make money easy. The issue is most people are financially stupid and they don't understand money.
:comeon::comeon:

Simba is getting checks for a song he sang 20 years ago. He has to do 0 work and is getting paid.

Buying apartments, stock etc is also a good play, but how many people really are finacially literate like that.

Singing a 4 min song and getting broke off for generations > dealing with lawyers, financial advisors, if stock market crashes etc etc

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People on the coli think that investing your money automatically means you will accumulate gains. It doesn't work that way. There's a lot of risk with investing 2 mil. Also for it to accumulate could take far longer. Loss could be involved as well. It's not that simple; not sure why some of y'all think this way.

I happen to have a lot of money. It really is that simple but people are just too stupid to get shyt done..

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
I think you're missing the point.. You can buy an apartment complex and have cash flow and appreciation and tax breaks. You can also buy stocks and make money easy. The issue is most people are financially stupid and they don't understand money.
:mjlol: How you know how much money he got off of royalty checks? Lion King made Billions of dollars, even 1 percent of that is more than 2 million.

:mjlol:He can buy an apartment complex with the royalty checks and have it both ways. You nikkas sound goofy tryna turn this into an L.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Bruh he was 13. He would’ve fukked that money up and been assed out. His mom was a smart cookie. Now think how many rental properties you can buy when you getting $50,000 to $100,000 a year FOR LIFE. I’m just throwing a guess out there. We don’t know how much he’s getting but that was clearly the right move.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Like... had he took the 2 million and took 100k for himself and invested 1.9 million in Nike in 1994 he would have over 100 million dollars right now. I think that's why Vlad said he could have took the 2 million and been better off.
Hindsight is 20/20. Shut your dumbass up. No one is putting 1.9 million dollars in a stock and letting it sit for 25 years

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh he was 13. He would’ve fukked that money up and been assed out. His mom was a smart cookie. Now think how many rental properties you can buy when you getting $50,000 to $100,000 a year FOR LIFE. I’m just throwing a guess out there. We don’t know how much he’s getting but that was clearly the right move.
Lmao.. :mjlol::mindblown: at how stupid people are..

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hindsight is 20/20. Shut your dumbass up. No one is putting 1.9 million dollars in a stock and letting it sit for 25 years
It's not hindsight it's obvious you take the money.. I'm done because 90% of the world are financially stupid

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Like... had he took the 2 million and took 100k for himself and invested 1.9 million in Nike in 1994 he would have over 100 million dollars right now. I think that's why Vlad said he could have took the 2 million and been better off.

Wasn’t Apple about to go out of business back then? Imagine how much stock he could got for $2 million and how much it would be worth now. Might be a billionaire after all the splits apple stock has had since then
Edit: just looked it up. It was $1.11 a share and there has been 3 splits since then (share amount doubles in a split). Each $1000 invested in 1994 would been $3 million in 2015 (article I found was from 2015). Like 0% chance any one would did this just interesting thought exercise I guess
Honestly him getting $2 million for an animated film back then kind of sounds like :duck:

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the options were between brilliant investments and slow money.
It was more like mediocre investing and cutting into comfortable money.

He made the best decision.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn’t Apple about to go out of business back then? Imagine how much stock he could got for $2 million and how much it would be worth now. Might be a billionaire after all the splits apple stock has had since then
Honestly him getting $2 million for an animated film back then kind of sounds like :duck:

2 million for a song and Scottie Pippen only got 3 million that year.. Michael Jordan 4 million.. He would have made more money than 75% of NBA players.. 2m in 1994 was a lot of money so I'm with you calling :duck: