Albums Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony (Discussion Thread)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Man this album got u in your feelings. Breh. Nas has his time. I know it hurt Jay surpassed him at in everything in life. It’s gon be ok. Nas is chilling breh. U should too. So go bump “cops shot the kid” and sip some Hennessy and calm the fukk down. Capeesh?

:gucci:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I can cap, after listening for the past few days, Jay electronica’s debut might be the most disappointing debut album since Canibus.

People forget the hype around that first Canibus album because Wyclef gave him a dud but the hype around it was unreal. Canibus was trashing every guest appearance, every freestyle, he trashed LL & then dropped some bullshyt.

That’s not even saying it’s bad because I think it's a solid project. Still, we waited 12 YEARS to watch him get outshined by a 50 year old Hov who spent Jay's debut defying the laws of rap gravity showing he still has it by spitting triple entendres. I just expected more.....

This Jay Electronica album needed Just Blaze. Like none of the songs on this album are as good as Exhibit A, Exhibit C, Dear Moleskin or Better In Tune With The Infinite.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man i’m so happy this album is number 1 on itunes. Hope it hits number 1 overall on the charts next week.

REAL LYRICS ARE BACK! THATS RIGHT I SAID IT!

I hope Nas, Kendrick, The Roots, and J.Cole go EXTRA hard this year. I wanna see a fukking lyrical onslaught in 2020
Real lyrics never left. People are just sleep and act like nobody can rap under the age of 34 unfortunately