Albums Jay Electronica - A Written Testimony (Discussion Thread)

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
damn this the nikka yall been hypin up since I was 10? :flabbynsick:

Had to turn this shyt off

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Whatever....

And why people keep saying outshined by 50yr old Hov? He aint a athlete.. you still can think well at 50 people

Tons of washed up rappers past the age of 40 man. What hov did on the carters and this lp is pretty impressive.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I enjoyed it but I understand why others wouldn't. We got a debut but it's with the greatest rapper alive and it left some of us still wanting more from him. A decade old song shouldn't be on here, it seriously shouldn't. I used to say about Elec that I can't rank him high because he's so infrequent and I have no idea what he's talking about at times. I'm seeing old critiques of him being brought up: sounding like MF Doom, his Muslim takes, the Illuminati bars. And it's bringing me back to when I first saw that ACT 2 tracklist wanting a full album.

Again I enjoyed it but this may need an asterisk on it.

2. OJ Simpson, stabbing
rs_600x600-190607123444-600-oj-simpson-gloves.jpg
"Allegedly" :troll:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
How u a solo artist but even wont Jay Z on your album like this? Lyricists use to have pride about this sort of thing. That why 3stacks aint in my top 15. Carry an album by yalself.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just Blaze won’t answer questions about it low key Jay Z probably blackballed him for some petty shyt ...

Same shxt I feel, jay elect should have at least stood up 2 Hov ... ..

But hey he snaked dame who was fn wit jay elect first, as well , I'm pretty sure .

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
It's his debut album and he didn't even spit the opening verse on the album. What kind of shyt is that?

Rap is a competitive sport. If you're THAT BUL, we need you to stand toe to toe on YOUR album.....especially against a guy who's main focus isn't rap anymore after being in the game 20 years.

Yeah. I legit thought Jay Elec was gonna bar Jigga the fukk up and outshine him since it was such a small project and it was gonna be in his own element.

I was mistaken :mjcry:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:hamster:
My debut album featuring hov this is highway robbery
It's like I hit the lottery
I bust at the pinayati
Now I'm hot like a tomali
It's just like I caught a body

:scusthov:

any other rapper would be getting killed for changing the saying of a word to make rhyme

With Jay elect it’s master tier :hhh: