Jay Morrison And The Tulsa Real Estate Fund Lost Money In 2019-UPDATE: NOW SHUT DOWN

invalid

Banned
Daps
I didn't even bother past this bullshyt...

Sure you did. :mjlol:

I posted the wording from their own web site

but I clearly see that TREF just shut down the crowd funding and re-vamped their business strategy...why lie when it's up there for anybody to read? :heh:

It sure is.:mjlol:

your problem is that every time i've posted tweets, youtube video comments and receipts - you run like a bytch. you really wanna lie and say you don't? :sas2:

I don't need to read comments, I actually read the financial statements.

80% of comments/videos/essays are coming from people like you. Low IQ. Don't know nothing on nothing. Not wasting my time with them. That's all you.

I've made my criticisms of Jay quite plain after reading his financial statements. And I have been pretty balanced on both sides of the aisles on TREF.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
80% of comments/videos/essays are coming from people like you. Low IQ. Don't know nothing on nothing. Not wasting my time with them. That's all you..

Hold up....so the people that have been commenting about TREF that actually invested are LOW IQ? :why:

did they have LOW IQ's when they supported TREF with their hard earned money!? :mindblown:

and yes, i've shown where videos and comments have been deleted that asked too many tough questions about their money to which you said nothing

but when it comes to trying to get you some daps you can't shut the fukk up :comeon:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Hold up....so the people that have been commenting about TREF that actually invested are LOW IQ? :why:

did they have LOW IQ's when they supported TREF with their hard earned money!? :mindblown:

Isn't that what I said?

and yes, i've shown where videos and comments have been deleted that asked too many tough questions about their money to which you said nothing

I'm sure I addressed all of those questions when I did my initial post after analyzing the financials. The answers were insufficient for you because you have this weird inability to not understand the English language. That's something you gotta figure out on your own brodie. Only so many ways I can keep answering the same questions.
:manny:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Isn't that what I said?

So you're defending TREF by arguing that his investors have low IQ's

slOZld.gif

invalid

Banned
Daps
So you're defending TREF by arguing that his investors have low IQ's

slOZld.gif

Breh, I don't have time for this. Go back and read. This is like the fourth time I told you to read.

All of these criticism are actually non-issues that any investor that had a modicum of experience would already know. However, since Jay's fund is funded by a novice investing demographic, in their ignorance, they are making much ado about nothing, or at least, levying criticisms, where there is nothing worthy of critique.

This is the crux of the issue I see. Because he targets a novice investor demographic, they’re not asking the right questions. They don’t know what they don’t know. So, to be fair to Jay, most of the criticism that is being levied against him are honestly par the course for the industry.

A more knowledgeable investor is not going to be asking why they can’t take their money out when they want - knowing that they are investing in an illiquid asset like real estate. They are not going to be asking why they can’t see the properties he’s potentially going to be investing in - seeing that the purpose of putting your money in an investment manager is to allow them to make the decisions so you don’t have to. Which is why you pay attention to portfolio managers investing strategy and style, return history, and educational and professional pedigree. These are common sense basic investing things. But since he targeted an uneducated demo, he unfortunately gotta deal with unnecessary questions.

The issue is both him and his investors.

Black people are pretty inexperienced when it comes to investing.

So they simply don't know what they don't know.

They didn't know that you vette the credentials and history of a fund manager that you're choosing to give your money over to for management.

It would seem like common sense to any regular investor but Jay went after people who are not the typical investing demographic.

So it is what it is.

He spent most of his time fielding, in my mind, silly questions from these novice investors than actually spending time on looking for great investment picks for his portfolio.

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing about the Coli , you can easily tell the difference between the silly wanabees that want to be a "boss" and think that the Dame Dash mantra of i own a 100% of my company , is what business is about then the realists who are actually living it

Those stupid c*nts that say if they had a bunch of money they will invest , as if this is a sure thing need to shut their mouths and listening

Majority of new businesses fail within the first three years , those are facts

Most rich people go broke not due to excessive spending habits but due to bad business investments those are facts

You can have the greatest business idea and do all the right things and it will still fail , its just that simple

So anyone that thinks that the fund failing is a reflection on how it was run or the person running it I have news for you

Those of you that want to be your own "boss" that want to run your own business statistically the same thing will happen to you

I run my own business and as much as I encourage people to be entrepreneurs I wont them to know how tough it is

And to those idiots that only respect people that own 100% of a company , please please please NEVER EVER EVER go into business

Zuckerberg probably only owned a 100% of facebooks in the first few months it was set up

Bill Gates never owned 100% of microsoft . Richard Branson doesnt own 100% of Virgin

stop listening to failed businessmen with bruised egos that are giving stupid business advice only because they want to indirectly diminish the achievements of former partners

Owning a controlling interest in your business is more important than owning 100%

invalid

Banned
Daps
Black people are inexperienced when it comes to investing huh, would that be all black people
full

The bulk of those that aren't would not have invested in this fund.

And those that did out of support for a fellow black man are not counted among the 80% asking these questions.....

80% of comments/videos/essays are coming from people like you.

They are a part of the 20% who were actually asking the right questions, such as, with respect to the management fees....where the actual finesse was located.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
SEC Concludes Investigation into the Tulsa Real Estate Fund and Fund Manager Jay Morrison
No Enforcement Action Recommended.

(Black PR Wire) East Point, GA /Newswire/ -- Tulsa Real Estate Fund (TREF), the first African-American owned Regulation A+ Tier II crowdfund designed to revitalize urban communities across the U.S., announced today that it is in receipt of a letter from the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) concluding their investigation into the Tulsa Real Estate Fund with no enforcement action.

On March 7, 2019, the company issued a Form 1-U announcing that it and Jay Morrison were named in a grand jury subpoena from the Department of Justice and a civil subpoena from the Securities and Exchange Commission, each seeking documents and other information concerning the company and fund operations.

As of July 29th, 2019, the company received correspondence from the Department of Justice concluding its criminal investigation with no findings. The correspondence from the Department of Justice reported that there will be no further investigation at this time.

As of May 27, 2020, the company received correspondence from the SEC concluding its investigation stating, “Based on the information we have as of this date, we do not intend to recommend an enforcement action by the Commission against Tulsa Real Estate Fund, LLC.”

“While we realize that we must in no way construe the conclusions as indicating that we have been “exonerated”, we are very pleased with the documented investigative conclusions by the Department of Justice and the SEC into the Tulsa Real Estate Fund,” stated Jay Morrison, CEO and Founder of the Tulsa Real Estate Fund. “We cooperated fully with both the DOJ and the SEC investigations that led to no findings and no enforcement action, respectively; and we consider this justice for us and our more than 15,000 pledged investment partners worldwide.”

http://www.blackprwire.com/press-re...NfdtVk0h4-3XWxiv45Naj3rh_athujgGdBngT8MeXMKdo

That's good news. I'm glad to see the brother prove to these haters still living in their mothers basement wrong.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
They are a part of the 20% who were actually asking the right questions, such as, with respect to the management fees....where the actual finesse was located.

You typed all that dumb shyt for daps, when in actuality TREF themselves are in the process of trying to get people their investments right now - this is from 3 days ago on their IG account:

^^^^ so according to you, the brother asking for his ROI is of low IQ, and the people saying "we're working on that" are the smart ones :russ:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
So squeaky clean businesses get investigated by the SEC? a simple yes or no will do :jbhmm:
People who were hating on him that never invested with TREF actually contacted the SEC and FBI on TREF listening to broke ass never started any business or made real money Tone and Yvette. Any company would get investigated if that happened.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
People who were hating on him that never invested with TREF actually contacted the SEC and FBI on TREF listening to broke ass never started any business or made real money Tone and Yvette. Any company would get investigated if that happened.

If anybody contacted the SEC on them it was more than likely one of their frustrated investors, if that is the case then they had every right to contact the authorities.

you disagree? just a yes or no please fam. :jbhmm:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
So squeaky clean businesses get investigated by the SEC? a simple yes or no will do :jbhmm:

Yes just like innocent people get stopped by cops

you are being dense

I said that trefs paperwork was squeaky clean

I also said it doesn't prove it's a good investment but it proves that's it's a legitimate business

Tref is a high risk investment, ie it's a speculative investment, nobody should put money into it that they are not prepared to lose. <---- this statement (or lack of) is where jay fuked up by not saying this explicitly and repeatedly in his marketing

but aside from that he did a good job and everything is legit