Jay Morrison And The Tulsa Real Estate Fund Lost Money In 2019-UPDATE: NOW SHUT DOWN

---

Superstar
Daps
You are putting people on ignore because you don't agree with them, but we are delicate? Lol

I can't speak to Jay's intentions but I can say the way he went about trying to help the community was terrible. He set himself and all his donators (not investors) up for failure. But instead of saying he messed up you want to double down on that failure and reward him for it :snoop:

Putting the cats that I took off ignore and
putting that back on ignoring, I am about constructive dialogue. Been on the net long enough to know who is trolling and I just simply ignore them.

As for Jay, he tried something or is trying something. I am not the type of cat that starts going at cats because they are trying to do something good for the community.

If a breh is trying something for our community he has my respect and my support cause a lot of cats are about nothing. If he fails he fails, and if tries again I will give him my support cause he is going in the right direction.

DigitalDopeman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, Fl
couldn’t he have bought up a bunch of those properties in places like philly and Detroit and rehabbed em and eventually flipped em for a profit?

collecting half a mil in fees while taking losses and then saying investors cant pull their money out of the fund seems like some Enron shot to me.
im not sure what his strategy is, but If it was my fund, I would be looking at projects that I could invest in and flip quickly to generate some returns to my investors and help grow the fund or look to buy land in developing areas or areas that's about to be gentrified .Im no investment fund expert, but that's what I would be looking to do. I wouldn't wanna invest in stuff that would take 10 years to appreciate and then turn a profit, at least not initially.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
The next couple yrs will be the time for him to make plays assuming the market reacts in a similar fashion it did in 08. Which it will.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
The next couple yrs will be the time for him to make plays assuming the market reacts in a similar fashion it did in 08. Which it will.

Naturally the real estate market will dip at some point in time. It’s the nature of the beast. Real estate goes in waves. However, I highly doubt the market dips to the levels it did in 08.

That crash was spearheaded by the larger number of bad loans that the banks had provided to home buyers for the years preceding the crash. Specifically, the ARM loans that saw monthly mortgages jump considerably overnight played a major factor in the crash.

In regards to Jay and the Tulsa fund, I highly doubt he will be in position to strike when the market does dip again. As discussed in the thread the fund is already operating at a pretty significant loss 2 years in to the game.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
As for Jay, he tried something or is trying something. I am not the type of cat that starts going at cats because they are trying to do something good for the community.

If a breh is trying something for our community he has my respect and my support cause a lot of cats are about nothing. If he fails he fails, and if tries again I will give him my support cause he is going in the right direction.

I respect your position and understand where you are coming from. However, we can’t give passes to people who are “trying to do something” while profiting at the same time. In essence, he is “trying to do something” on his “communities” dime.

He is more or less the only person to benefit financially from the fund to date. None of the so called investors have made a red cent from the fund. Yet, he has mad over half a million. Exactly what part of that can be classified as trying?

I definitely feel you on not rooting for our people to fail. I support that belief wholeheartedly. However, I am not going to blindly support anyone simply because they are black.

In my opinion, if he was everything that he preaches to be, no way he would have taken his full payment/salary for operating a fund that has yet to yield any success.

Sadbrownsfan

All Star
Daps
Is jay Morrison the WWE guy back in the day that was supposed to be like Jim Morrison?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
:whoa:
thats an edited video, hes just saying they are not acepting anymore investors
I posted the full video too, what’s funny is that the “edit” took out the parts of that statement where he’s bragging on himself and not really saying shyt :pachaha:

Also accepting investors is the entire point of a REIT

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I posted the full video too, what’s funny is that the “edit” took out the parts of that statement where he’s bragging on himself and not really saying shyt :pachaha:

Also accepting investors is the entire point of a REIT

where is the full video and where does he say that hes is closing things down?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
where is the full video and where does he say that hes is closing things down?

1) Full video:

2) if you just go to tulsarealstatefund.com you're hit with this pop up message:

Dear TREF Family,

We recently announced the Grand Closing of the Tulsa Real Estate Fund on April 29, 2020!

After April 29, 2020, we will no longer be accepting new capital investments.

^^^ you specifically asked where does he say he's "closing" and that is the exact verbiage he used...i'm just answering questions :hubie:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
1) Full video:

2) if you just go to tulsarealstatefund.com you're hit with this pop up message:

Dear TREF Family,

We recently announced the Grand Closing of the Tulsa Real Estate Fund on April 29, 2020!

After April 29, 2020, we will no longer be accepting new capital investments.

^^^ you specifically asked where does he say he's "closing" and that is the exact verbiage he used...i'm just answering questions :hubie:

so you need to invest in the fund before April 29th before the gates close brother!:youngsabo: