Jay Morrison And The Tulsa Real Estate Fund Lost Money In 2019-UPDATE: NOW SHUT DOWN

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Haven’t sat down and looked it over but they were investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC ) and passed. As I understand it, the SEC is In place so certain financial documents are made public and they’re operating within certain guidelines.

Some of the people here and walking down the street don’t even file their taxes every year:mindblown:like that’s not a federal law to pay taxes. Couldn’t tell you the first thing about a P&L statement, balance sheet, etc. But wanna pull a :umad:on a brother. It’s sad, man

But want to talk down on a black man. It’s corny:snoop:

I’d just encourage everyone to do your own research. In layman’s terms get off that man (and his company) dikk:ufdup:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I know what reits are and the requirements, I was asking if this company is operating as one.

O sorry, it's kinda sorta a reit, it was created under the new law that allows crowdfunding, I'm not sure if it's legally a reit but it's operating like one

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
O sorry, it's kinda sorta a reit, it was created under the new law that allows crowdfunding, I'm not sure if it's legally a reit but it's operating like one

Just went through the site, returns (50%) aren’t high enough to qualify as one.

It really isn’t clear what exactly they’re doing with the properties, particularly the SFHs. I see the commitment types but they’re not specifying where the return estimates come from, which are wholly-owned TREF assets and the source of salaries. The low entry level is enough of a pass for me. It sounds like he’s complying with the law but also doing the bare minimum of “real estate can only appreciate” “wealth building” buzzwords that people buy into. Is he closing to additional investors or shutting down entirely? The website’s message is cut off with a link to sign up.

Edit and he’s a 3 time felon? And people handing over their money?

it takes some fineessseeee:wow:

The organization is stating, clearly, that they are wholly and completely dependent on Jay Morrison and his direction. Should he no longer continue in the business and they cannot replace him with someone of similar knowledge, you may lose your investment. That is a significant risk as there appears to be no business continuity or contingency plan in the event that Mr. Morrison is unable to or chooses not to continue with the organization. His current roles within the management company are listed as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and Chief Technology Officer. With the exception of the General Counsel position, he holds all of the executive officer positions and provides investment guidance and direction to TREF.

Last edited:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Just went through the site, returns (50%) aren’t high enough to qualify as one.

It really isn’t clear what exactly they’re doing with the properties, particularly the SFHs. I see the commitment types but they’re not specifying where the return estimates come from, which are wholly-owned TREF assets and the source of salaries. The low entry level is enough of a pass for me. It sounds like he’s complying with the law but also doing the bare minimum of “real estate can only appreciate” “wealth building” buzzwords that people buy into. Is he closing to additional investors or shutting down entirely? The website’s message is cut off with a link to sign up.

Edit and he’s a 3 time felon? And people handing over their money?

it takes some fineessseeee:wow:

The organization is stating, clearly, that they are wholly and completely dependent on Jay Morrison and his direction. Should he no longer continue in the business and they cannot replace him with someone of similar knowledge, you may lose your investment. That is a significant risk as there appears to be no business continuity or contingency plan in the event that Mr. Morrison is unable to or chooses not to continue with the organization. His current roles within the management company are listed as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and Chief Technology Officer. With the exception of the General Counsel position, he holds all of the executive officer positions and provides investment guidance and direction to TREF.

Hey, no thanks :stopitslime: I’d rather blow $500 the traditional way like put it in slot machines or buy lottery tickets and shyt. You’d get a better return that way. Or just ball the shyt up and throw it out the window as I’m driving down the road.

:unimpressed:

invalid

Banned
Daps
undefined

I've looked over his financials. He has a Nigerian as his Chief Investment Officer who also has no history of portfolio management, but like Jay, has an extensive criminal record.

Folks go to Ivy Leagues and put in years of work at the top Investment Management companies to learn and to build up a history for themselves of good returns.

Jay and the Naija have criminal records, no history of portfolio management, and start out the gate charging fees higher than portfolios with billions under management.

They just typical Atlanta finessers.