"Jay Z & Nas would be best friends if their beef was just rap" - DJ Clark Kent

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Takeover was like a surgeon turned serial killer going at you with a scalpel.

Ether was like taking a fukking baseball bat to the head multiple times by someone who knew what they were doing with it.

I wouldn't like to be on the receiving end of either of those things.

Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all
To ya bodyguard's Oochie Wallie verse better than yours
:mjgrin:
I showed your first TEC on tour with Large Professor
Then I heard your album bout your TEC on your dresser
So yeah i sampled your voice you was using it wrong
You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song
:whoo:
Four albums in 10 years nikka? I could divide
Thats one every... let's say two; two of them shyts was due
One was naaaah, the other was Illmatic
Thats a one hot album every 10 year average
:deadmanny:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Rocafella died of AIDS :scust:

That's the guy they named their company after:scust:

I rock hoes while yall rock fellas :scust:

Facts after Facts:scust:

You's the faq model for Karl Kanis/Esco ads.....:scusthov:

nikka you aint live it....you witnessed it from your folks pad...scribbled in your notepad...and created your life...:scusthov::scust:

"Just because he wear a kufi....dont mean that he's bright...":mjlol:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Takeover is better than Ether, and that's coming from a guy who prefers Nas over Jay-Z slightly. Takeover has a way better beat and the lines are just :dead:

The best disses imo are the ones that analyze your career to the T. And that's what Jay-Z did. Few personals, mostly facts. the fact that Nas fell off. Look at Common's "The bytch in Yoo". The reason why it's one of the most vicious disses ever is that it plainly analyzes Cube's career.

Any of u Drake haters peep the part where Clark Kent says at the end of the video "who's cares about ghostwriting if the record is good"

as soon as he said that, I knew the Drake dikkriders would wanna commit that :damn:

They're gonna pretend like they didn't see that. and I know it hurts them that SirBiatch The Conqueror was right yet again when he said this:

Hate Drake all you want...

It's harder and requires more talent to make an undeniable song than writing/making your own mediocre songs.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
That Abogado dude just over-stanning. Every last thing you mentioned was fact. Takeover probably had more juvenile sophomoric joking around in it than Ether.

this which is why when Clark Kent said Ether was morecomedy while Takeover was more personal, I made the:what:face. If anything, Takeover was more jokes while Ether was straight personal. Jayz wanted the public to clown Nas while Nas didn't care about the public opinion, he was talking directly to Jayz's soul.

Last edited:

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
Let's just end this once and for all

Is The Takeover a great diss record? Yes, it is.

Is Ether a great diss record? Yes, it is

But when you compare the 2 diss records, Ether hits harder. Ether is just vicious. Nas won that battle. The Takeover did a great thing; it bought out that hunger in Nas to come back and remind nikkas who he was and it showed nikkas that Nas still had it in him to be great.

So once and for all. Ether > The Takeover

Nas won that battle and Jay lost. End of story.

Now let the usual fukkery commence about how Jay is married to Beyonce' has millions and millions of dollars, hangs out with Oprah and wears Tom Ford and how Nas is divorced from Kelis and all that other usual irrelevant shyt that has NOTHING to do with their talent as MCs.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
18c9cb7586b6ed733c8552feedb1052e.398x604x1.jpg

2e67yqc.jpg

FEDS mag

FEDS: How did it feel when the "Battle" with Jay-Z started?

NAS: With Jay I felt it coming. He would always act funny around me. Back then he would come to the studio, he got big when Biggie took him in, which was later on. I was pimping with BIG when he was broke. I was popping with Illmatic when BIG started popping, then Jay-Z came into the picture. Jay was up and coming, so he was sort of like affiliated with the New York dons. I never appeared on his album but he wanted me to. He always called me to come down but I never appeared because I only rocked with my nikkas, it was real. He was up and coming, he was an aggressive cat. He didn't want anything in his way. But I always stayed in my zone. I always felt a little weird about it because a nikka was ****ing with my baby moms and hanging around my manager Steve Stoute. So I was like yo, this nikka must be trying to find out everything about me. I would hear he would be asking questions, what's Nas doing or how did Nas do this or that record. Then he came with the Sunshine record with Foxy and dressed up in suits like me or maybe because that was the trend. Eventually dude wanted to be a boss, so it was like Gambino style. You had to take off the head nikka and I was the last one in New York that he felt was in his way of being the Don. It really never blew up with me and BIG, it never blew up with any other rapper and me and it was about due for a lyrical war. Rakim and Kane never did it. And I was sort of Rakim's protege when I was coming up.

who remembers that Nas interview in F.e.d.s sonning Camron and Beanie Sigel

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
People always try to discredit Ether as "just jokes" but Ether had REAL facts in it which is why it really dealt a blow to Jay

Biting Biggie then claiming he's better than him
Wanting to collab with Nas and keeping Nas name in his music
Jay being considered Biggie's little man
Eminem murdering Jay on his own shyt
The relationship between Fox and Jay
The real situation between Jay and Un-riviera

lot of subjectiveness in this - breh

let's keep it 100

• jay never said he was better than big (if i'm not i'm the closes 1 to him)
  • everybody wanted to collaborate back then
  • em murdering jay on renegade is ones opinion
  • foxy jay were gossip rumors she was 16 & most likely not his type

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
You's the faq model for Karl Kanis/Esco ads.....:scusthov:

nikka you aint live it....you witnessed it from your folks pad...scribbled in your notepad...and created your life...:scusthov::scust:

"Just because he wear a kufi....dont mean that he's bright...":mjlol:

Not being messy

but it was over Carmen but Nas and B were lowkey talking around the time Jay was talking to her but nas said her
breath was too hot

21fa55df4b7c0ceff654899c42cef07a.384x288x40.gif

dc12.jpg

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
lot of subjectiveness in this - breh

let's keep it 100

• jay never said he was better than big (if i'm not i'm the closes 1 to him)
  • everybody wanted to collaborate back then
  • em murdering jay on renegade is ones opinion
  • foxy jay were gossip rumors she was 16 & most likely not his type

• Jay implied, on more than one occasion, that he's better than BIG
  • Jay was a Nas stan and it's already been confirmed by several people that he wanted Nas on his album but Nas always brushed him off.
  • The whole world knows Jay got washed on renegade. Only nikkas still in denial, or straight frontin, are Jay stans.
  • "foxy Jay were gossip rumors she was 16 & most likely not his type" :usure:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The best disses imo are the ones that analyze your career to the T. And that's what Jay-Z did. Few personals, mostly facts. the fact that Nas fell off. Look at Common's "The bytch in Yoo". The reason why it's one of the most vicious disses ever is that it plainly analyzes Cube's career.

"Hawaiin Sophie fame, kept my name in his music" which points to the fact that Jay was lying when he said he's been in the game since 96, as if his 89 rap career doesn't exist, as if he wasn't sampling or saying Nas name or quoting his lines

"KRS Already made an album called Blueprint" which points to Jay constantly recycling classic rap lines, ideas, which would continue with Bonnie and Cyde 03

"First Biggie's your man then you got the nerve to say you're better than Big" which points to Jay's obsession with telling people that he's better over and over, desperately wanting that narrative to stick

"You only concerned with dissing women" which points to Jay's long list of singles (including from his first album) about pimpish behavior (which even Jay would admit stemed from his insecurity of being called ugly, "Got on my pimp game, fukk the world, my defense came). Jay got comfortable with remaking this type of record over and over again, and ironically it went away after Ether was made, though that may have more to do with his relationship with Beyonce. But Jay did get defensive about it, which can clearly be heard in his Blueprint 2 response.

"Is he Dame Diddy - Oh I get it you Biggie and He's Puffy" which again points to Jay attempting to recycle what has worked for other artist

"Went from Jaz to hanging with Kane, to Irv, to Big" which again points to the idea of Jay wave riding others (which would continue with him rocking with Kanye even though it was Dame to put him on)

"You're a dikk riding fakkit, you love the attention" which has an entire thread on here filled with examples

"You pop shyt apologize" which would happen in this very battle

Ether was a scathing breakdown of Jay's career. Heavily slanted to only include negatives, sure, but this is a battle. Jay's most successful rebuke of Nas career was the "one hot album every ten years" line, which only looks silly in hindsight because nearly NO one considers IWW a meh album anymore. But people still do believe Jay got murdered on Renegade.

Ether holds up better when looking at "facts", especially since the things Nas said has continued to be true about Jay's career (even in 2016!)

Takeover did have the better beat and was still an excellent record. Too bad Superugly didn't have the same calculated nature to it.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's just end this once and for all

Is The Takeover a great diss record? Yes, it is.

Is Ether a great diss record? Yes, it is

But when you compare the 2 diss records, Ether hits harder. Ether is just vicious. Nas won that battle. The Takeover did a great thing; it bought out that hunger in Nas to come back and remind nikkas who he was and it showed nikkas that Nas still had it in him to be great.

So once and for all. Ether > The Takeover

Nas won that battle and Jay lost. End of story.

Now let the usual fukkery commence about how Jay is married to Beyonce' has millions and millions of dollars, hangs out with Oprah and wears Tom Ford and how Nas is divorced from Kelis and all that other usual irrelevant shyt that has NOTHING to do with their talent as MCs.

That should end it alright:troll:

And Jay was effected based on the fact he lost according to the people,not the diss itself....he spent the next few years talking shyt to fans,trying to convince us why he should be number one on all our list....i think he might have even retired on us out of spite:pachaha:

And he was right,u ungrateful lil nikkas dont know how much better Takeover is than Ether even a decade later:scust:....i got caught up in the hype,and based on the fact Nas suprised the shyt out of me,but as a record Takeover is clearly better....Takeover echoed the public perception of Nas at the time down to a science:banderas:....Ether is Nas doing a bunch of poor attempts at rebuttals to what Jay said "bu bu but Eminem outshined you" as if thats the same as your bodyguard outshining you:mjlol:..."bu bu but u ugly" already said he fukked Foxy when he was unknown and broke though,fukked ya baby mama and beyonce who probaly is as rich as him:mjlol:

The concepts Jay came up with on Takeover were some of the most original we've ever heard yall....but apparently a mans mustache growth is more etherous to you:mjlol:

Jay lost based on strategy though i agree,never shouldve dangled that carrot about fukkin Nas baby mom....we already seen that in hiphop in much bigger fashion,plus the beat choices on SuperUgly:scust:

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
"Hawaiin Sophie fame, kept my name in his music" which points to the fact that Jay was lying when he said he's been in the game since 96, as if his 89 rap career doesn't exist, as if he wasn't sampling or saying Nas name or quoting his lines

"KRS Already made an album called Blueprint" which points to Jay constantly recycling classic rap lines, ideas, which would continue with Bonnie and Cyde 03

"First Biggie's your man then you got the nerve to say you're better than Big" which points to Jay's obsession with telling people that he's better over and over, desperately wanting that narrative to stick

"You only concerned with dissing women" which points to Jay's long list of singles (including from his first album) about pimpish behavior (which even Jay would admit steemed from his insecurity of being called ugly, "Got on my pimp game, fukk the world, my defense came)

"Is he Dame Diddy - Oh I get it you Biggie and He's Puffy" which again points to Jay attempting to recycle what has worked for other artist

"Went from Jaz to hanging with Kane, to Irv, to Big" which again points to the idea of Jay wave riding others (which would continue with him rocking with Kanye even though it was Dame to put him on)

"You're a dikk riding fakkit, you love the attention" which has an entire thread on here filled with examples

"You pop shyt apologize" which would happen in this very battle

Ether was a scathing breakdown of Jay's career. Heavily slanted to only include negatives, sure, but this is a battle. Jay's most successful rebuke of Nas career was the "one hot album every ten years" line, which only looks silly in hindsight because nearly NO one considers IWW a meh album anymore. But people still do believe Jay got murdered on Renegade.

Ether holds up better when looking at "facts", especially since the things Nas said has continued to be true about Jay's career (even in 2016!)

Takeover did have the better beat and was still an excellent record. Too bad Superugly didn't have the same calculated nature to it.

I remember everyone in NY waited for that garbage

Nas won!