Jays subliminal shots at Ma$e on "ride or die"

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
And before people say "Wait a minute, Jay was a Platinum artist in 98 when the 112 song Drop". The song was recorded early 98 when Jay was still a Gold artist:

JAY ZIN MY LIFETIME, VOLUME INOVEMBER 04, 1997JANUARY 26, 1998ROC-A-FELLA RECORDSSTANDARDGOLDALBUMSOLO

"In My Lifetime" wasn't certified Platinum until 99. Basically it got a Sales bump when Jay finally blew up with "Hard Knock Life". At that point Ma$e was on multiple #1 singles, Multiple Platinum and gold singles and his debut was selling like hot cakes. In 97-early 98 Ma$e was the 2nd Biggest rapper in NY next to Biggie sales and popularity wise. Now No I do not like Ma$e more than Jay nor do I think Ma$e is the better emcee though Ma$e did do things better than Jay (I actually think Ma$e had a smoother flow than Jay honestly though Jay's flow is still amazing)

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That's not the case. Jay has ghostwritten for artists, but he's not saying he wrote for Mase. Mase was writing for a ton of folks, why have Jay write his shyt? Jay had a feature on Harlem World, thats what he's talking about.

Correct .. Jay is also talking about those screwed up bad boy contracts...

cant forget about Jay's verse on My mind right remix going at harlem world

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
That's not the case. Jay has ghostwritten for artists, but he's not saying he wrote for Mase. Mase was writing for a ton of folks, why have Jay write his shyt? Jay had a feature on Harlem World, thats what he's talking about.

read the album credits on harlem world

jay has writers credits on a few songs

so yes it IS the case

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn i was too young...even years later and this is the first time i realize this was a diss record.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
check your videos you'll always be number two
images

Hov ga gawd:damn:

First time I heard that line I was :ohhh: he dissing Mase?

Knew it was a diss to mase the day i bought the album and played it.

I bought Aquemini and Vol 2 the same day:banderas:

Such a glorious day for hip hop :obama: ATCQ's The Love Movement dropped that day too

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
read the album credits on harlem world

jay has writers credits on a few songs

so yes it IS the case

Negative : http://www.allmusic.com/album/harlem-world-mw0000596053
Jay is only on one track for writing credits, and its his feature. He's talking about Mase getting jerked contract/publishing wise. You really think if Jay wrote for Mase, he wouldn't have made that blatantly obvious?? Jay isn't known for not kicking nikkas while their down

vampire xtc

The E-Legend
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Negative : http://www.allmusic.com/album/harlem-world-mw0000596053
Jay is only on one track for writing credits, and its his feature. He's talking about Mase getting jerked contract/publishing wise. You really think if Jay wrote for Mase, he wouldn't have made that blatantly obvious?? Jay isn't known for not kicking nikkas while their down

could care less about the link you provided

the ACTUAL insert has him listed as a writer more than once

and your webpage linked has him listed as a composer as well by the way

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
First time I heard that line I was :ohhh: he dissing Mase?

Such a glorious day for hip hop :obama: ATCQ's The Love Movement dropped that day too

The days of settin money aside for album release Tuesdays:blessed:(Mondays for the mom n pop joints)