Jemele Hill Rips Into Offset’s Bobbi Althoff Interview

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have to understand WHY this type of shyt can be triggering for people.

The game is the game; this is Amerikkka.

But I'm going to jump out the window and assume Jemelle Hill is brehhette and probably a legit journalist.

This bobbi bytch is now the hottest thing smoking in the meta verse.

Maybe some posters can relate; and others cant in their personal life...so I'll explain

but there comes a point where your frustration snaps when all these other people just keep climbing the later and hoping over you.

especially if you do everything you're supposed 2 do.

just get stuck looking up at the glass ceiling and it feels like there is nothing you can do.

I watched this and the drake interview and dug a little deeper in my thoughts in the TLR thread.

But its fukk this bobbi bytch. I was laughing my ass off watching it but once this little hoe said "Yea you can get out; leave" I immediately stopped laughing and tightened up.

Offset a real 1 he said nah bytch I paid for this room you CAN LEAVE.

These people run the entertainment world and will suck the blood out of a fukking stone and then still disrespect you, the culture, and remind you forcefully that they own your ass and legally own the culture. "read the contract"

The term "vulture" has never been more fitting.

It's room for everybody to eat.

This wasn't even a serious interview

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Jemele Hill isn’t feeling Bobbi Althoff‘s interview style and claims it’s “erasing Hip-Hop journalism.” On Monday ( Sept. 25), the Detroit native voiced her opinion on X/Twitter. She shared a clip of Althoff’s interview with Offset and called the content unenjoyable.

“I don’t find these types of interviews particularly enjoyable or interesting. Instead it just sadly points out how real Hip-Hop journalism has been practically erased,” the acclaimed sports writer typed. “Some of the media teams behind these artists aren’t interested in them sitting down with credible people who know how to tell stories and do quality interviews. Then they wonder why an artist’s real story goes untold, neglected or that artist is misunderstood.”

Her tweet quickly garnered a reaction from social media users. One person pushed back at her claims, pointing to Offset’s team as the main culprit. “Yeah, but, Offset and his team decided to go this route bc of the reach and exposure it’ll get thats the goal. This is how you do promo in this day and age and you have to get with the times,” they typed.

Hill responded saying that someone of Offset’s popularity doesn’t need to depend on Bobbi’s growing status. “Offset could sit down with anybody and people will be watching. He doesn’t need to lean on someone else’s popularity.”

The journalist isn’t the only writer who has rejected Bobbi and other personalities like her. In July 2023, Elliott Wilson xweeted out his disdain for Drake being interviewed on Althoff’s The Really Good podcast, Caleb Pressley’s barstool program, and Lil Yachty.

“Moment of clarity: No disrespect to Lil Boat,” he typed. “Yachty’s convo with The Boy was comfy and had some cool moments. I was more so clowning the comedy shenanigans with outsiders to our culture. It would be great to hear Drake speak to us again. Even if it ain’t me.”

i dont find this shyt entertaining either, but sports journalists have the least bit of rope to grasp at with this argument when over the past 10 years a number of them have let the fundamentals of journalism fall by the wayside and are way more concerned about their celebrity rep and becoming stars. a rack of them would rather tweet and clapback then do some research and reporting like they learned in school. anyone can pick up a camera and make a youtube account and call themselves journalists, but atleast they get to ultimately claim ignance because they werent taught any better.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
nd THIS is why I really dont mind the Bobbi Althoff shyt (lord help me if I regret this in a week/month/year) because theres relatively SO LITTLE these "journalists" provide while hiding their insider glazing as "the culture" and "journalism"

Might as well let the streamers have it if this is going to be the standard of "reporting" in music :snoop:

Like...I like Ray Daniels...but I *HATE* this discourse around "culture"...cause at this point it's just this ambiguous gate-keeping measure devoid of real standards. And Ray is a respected voice as an insider A&R which is more than 90% of these content makers.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of the nikkaz just don’t won’t boring ass same questions asked. Like I’m sure he don’t want to talk about quavo, cardi, and takeoffs death. This outside the box interviews keeps shyt fun and refreshing. I’m sure if nikkaz got in an unconventional way of doing interviews the artists would show up.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
nd THIS is why I really dont mind the Bobbi Althoff shyt (lord help me if I regret this in a week/month/year) because theres relatively SO LITTLE these "journalists" provide while hiding their insider glazing as "the culture" and "journalism"

Might as well let the streamers have it if this is going to be the standard of "reporting" in music :snoop:

Like...I like Ray Daniels...but I *HATE* this discourse around "culture"...cause at this point it's just this ambiguous gate-keeping measure devoid of real standards. And Ray is a respected voice as an insider A&R which is more than 90% of these content makers.

He’s doing too much.

“U can tell that she doesn’t like us”

:mjlol:

It’s a fukking act it’s all fake and she and whoever does these interviews is ultimately just looking to create viral moments that can be monetized

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Some of the nikkaz just don’t won’t boring ass same questions asked. Like I’m sure he don’t want to talk about quavo, cardi, and takeoffs death. This outside the box interviews keeps shyt fun and refreshing. I’m sure if nikkaz got in an unconventional way of doing interviews the artists would show up.
I dont think ANYONE wants to hear Elliot Wilson's weird ass laugh. EVER again.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont think ANYONE wants to hear Elliot Wilson's weird ass laugh. EVER again.
Facts I feel like shyt is moving away from interviews like this and with social media and meme culture it’s all about showcasing personalities.