Jemele Hill Rips Into Offset’s Bobbi Althoff Interview

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The schtick is going to wear off cause she can't handle being the butt of jokes and the "I don't care"/autistic deadpan humor won't save her when the guest starts pointing out that she is a one trick pony. Let her enjoy her 15 minutes cause unless she evolves her method of talking to people attention spans will move on to the next. I couldn't sit there with a condescending, asymmetrical tittied caucasoid acting like she's too bored to breathe. I'd light her ass up with jabs to her ego every time she opened her mouth.

15 minutes? this bytch plugged ALL the way in. this is just a stepping stone.

Once she gets to a certain age she'll be removed from anything "urban" and be transferred to an even more lucrative gig.

Bet the house she will have a VERY long lucrative career and plenty of future endeavors.

she can't fail.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
What "journalism" is there supposed to be here?

It's fukking Offset. :heh:

That's shortsighted when you have Takeoff gone, him and Quavo may or may not be cool like before. He's married to Cardi B and was just threatened over her by Nicki Minaj's butler. There's 3 possible subjects right there.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all mad at her for saying the same shyt yall said in the other threads.

The the the coli :mjlol:

nikkas will scream hip hop is dead until their tongues fall out, but let Jemele call it for what it is and it’s a problem.

Also, this isn’t about Bobbi imo. It’s about us allowing folks like Bobbi to build their brands off our backs while denying opportunities to the people who actually give a shyt. She went from unknown to represented by WMG in under 6 months. She’ll probably have a major media deal in the next 12-24 months, if she hasn’t already signed.

While everyone is clowning her for a staged convo with offset, and bloggers are using the unseasoned chicken joke as a headline, she’s taking all that FREE MARKETING of HER BRAND straight to the bank. So who’s really laughing in the end?

And to be clear, I don’t think she’s intentionally using us to build her brand. But she went from unknown to the today show in under a year. Is Marco, or any other prominent hip hop/culture personality getting the same opportunities? No, because the doors are often closed and we have to prove ourselves to be much more successful (sometimes for much longer), to receive the same chances.

shyt, Kai didn’t get a mention from today show until he “caused a riot” in NYC. And even then, he got a write-up if I’m not mistaken.

Meanwhile, the people who are invested in our culture can’t even get a look with a lot of these artists, because you no longer have to do traditional media runs once you cross a certain level of popularity. And some of y’all celebrate that shyt, screaming “do better”. As if Bobbi invented the awkward interview format.

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
nikkas will scream hip hop is dead until their tongues fall out, but let Jemele call it for what it is and it’s a problem.

Also, this isn’t about Bobbi imo. It’s about us allowing folks like Bobbi to build their brands off our backs. She went from unknown to represented by WMG in under 6 months. She’ll probably have a major media deal in the next 12-24 months, if she hasn’t already signed.

While everyone is clowning her for a staged convo with offset, and bloggers are using the unseasoned chicken joke as a headline, she’s taking all that FREE MARKETING of HER BRAND straight to the bank. So who’s really laughing in the end?

And to be clear, I don’t think she’s intentionally using us to build her brand. But she went from unknown to the today show in under a year. Is Marco, or any other prominent hip hop/culture personality getting the same opportunities? No, because the doors are often closed and we have to prove ourselves to be much more successful (sometimes for much longer), to receive the same chances.

shyt, Kai didn’t get a mention from today show until he “caused a riot” in NYC. And even then, he got a write-up if I’m not mistaken.

Meanwhile, the people who are invested in our culture can’t even get a look with a lot of these artists, because you no longer have to do traditional media runs once you cross a certain level of popularity. And some of y’all celebrate that shyt, screaming “do better”. As if Bobbi invented the awkward interview format.

repped.

you even have people in here throwing smut on offset and his "behavior"

He's a a migo.

A legendary hip-hop group and this is the MF booth.

The posters being obtuse are most likely of a different culture.

If not than its evidence that media psychological warfare is working.

crazy.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
It’s just like the Hot Ones dude, start with brehs then three years later you are sitting across from 90% A-list cacs

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not really about your “story” anymore tho, that’s the thing these dinosaurs don’t understand. Fiends just want product…they don’t care about why you’re hustling and all that, they just wanna get high, 🤷🏽‍♂️. That’s this era…being silly and trolling and fun, that’s their bop now. Vlad/Akademiks sit downs are cool but these kids don’t really need that to fukk with you anymore, for better or for worse

Crumple

All Star
Daps
15 minutes? this bytch plugged ALL the way in. this is just a stepping stone.

Once she gets to a certain age she'll be removed from anything "urban" and be transferred to an even more lucrative gig.

Bet the house she will have a VERY long lucrative career and plenty of future endeavors.

she can't fail.

Bobbi is different.

But she literally left her newborn baby at home with her man, to go to another state to ask Drake - "Am I your type?"

If I was her man I'd prolly leave her and the kid for that.

Hip Hop journalism has been scary since 2002 or earlier.

I remember a major label producer telling me XXL wouldn't review my work unless I was signed by a major record label.

But there's Independent journalists now that are better and more informed that major media ones.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Bobbi is different.

But she literally left her newborn baby at home with her man, to go to another state to ask Drake - "Am I your type?"

If I was her man I'd prolly leave her and the kid for that.

Hip Hop journalism has been scary since 2002 or earlier.

I remember a major label producer telling me XXL wouldn't review my work unless I was signed by a major record label.

But there's Independent journalists now that are better and more informed that major media ones.

different how?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's just parody interviewing. This shyt is nothing new. Plenty of people do it. Zach galifinakis really made it popular. And he's way better at it. This chic is just cute and white so she got the kids behind her.

Barack was in on the joke right?

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny how much as yall talk that militant shyt here alot of yall are cool with a non talented CAC bytch coming out of nowhere and getting all access to A listers and monetizing without paying any hard dues. I mainly blame these rappers management teams but still

It's mutually beneficial. Rappers are also trying to gain new fans from other segments.