Jerry Seinfeld on Woke Left Killing Comedy: 'This is the Result of the Extreme Left and PC Crap'

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He is right. It’s beyond silly to spend so much energy scrutinizing the jesters and the clowns of society. Use that energy to criticize people who actually hold the power to pass legislation.

Yet the adults among us spent energy refuting and challenging the diaspora warriors on the forum who were making disparaging comments and "jokes" about other Black people. None of those warriors hold any type of power, much less the ability to pass legislation, yet we didn't ignore those clowns and jesters.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet the adults among us spent energy refuting and challenging the diaspora warriors on the forum who were making disparaging comments and "jokes" about other Black people. None of those warriors hold any type of power, much less the ability to pass legislation, yet we didn't ignore those clowns and jesters.

Apples and oranges. If I felt that comedians were spreading hatred and bigotry, I wouldn’t be supporting them. But they are not. They are just telling jokes with the intent to entertain.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Losing a gig because you didn't get your PR team to run your social media isn't a person being canceled. The company thinks you're making them look bad, so they go with someone else. Free market and calculated risk.

Should they hire Jo Koy to do another awards show even though his jokes fell flat and the consensus is that he did a terrible job hosting?
It was fans who had an outrage and Kevin fell back from hosting, not the network. And it doesn’t matter if it’s on social, that’s just one example, people pull old stand up, interviews, songs, etc.

And I have no clue what/how Jo koy did or what point you’re trying to make there…

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I want to see the whole clip but he's not lying. Comedians are apprehensive about doing their acts now and Hollywood is too scared to back comedies in major motion pictures. The whole genre is pretty much dead and it's no one to blame but the public and social media trying to out comedians not even from shyt they recently said but going back years to crucify them for some shyt they said years ago.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
And the minute they shyt on their own y’all label them c00ns, the way people are now trying to label Chris Rock’s comedy. Everyone is too fukking sensitive and looking to be offended
I think Rock is an exceptional writing and standup talent. Some of his comedy has him walking on a tightrope. He's been able mine comic gold and classic material there. And has also fallen flat on his face.

In 2024, nobody who watches him can claim to not know his brand of humor and the topics he covers.

My overall point is that anybody who walks the tightrope has to be willing to fall and get hurt. In the case of making jokes about the groups you identify as, the fall will not be as far.

People want to climb the high wire , though. And should deal with whatever comes from that.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your take on these "jokes"?

I’m not offended even though I took some strays.

Chris Rock had a similar joke about America being the uncle who paid your way through college, but he molested you.

Both jokes take shots at victimized groups to make a bigger point about Black Americans conflicted feelings with respect to the United States.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comedians are apprehensive about doing their acts now and Hollywood is too scared to back comedies in major motion pictures. The whole genre is pretty much dead and it's no one to blame but the public and social media trying to out comedians not even from shyt they recently said but going back years to crucify them for some shyt they said years ago.
Hollywood ain’t putting out shyt but sequels, comic book movies, movies related to other IPs and shyt being spit out by algorithms.

It’s a lot of different movies that have been lacking, not because of them being scared of outrage.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Hollywood ain’t putting out shyt but sequels, comic book movies, movies related to other IPs and shyt being spit out by algorithms.

It’s a lot of different movies that have been lacking, not because of them being scared of outrage.
Ok what about TV? Are there even any great comedy sitcoms anymore? I mean besides Abbott Elementary I can't think of another one.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Extreme left is not the same as woke left, if woke still is a black term.

Extreme is a negative term to everyone, while woke is only a negative term that racist cacs stole to shyt ok black peoples without shytting on black people. That latter came to capture everything they hate.

This is a case of if the shoe fits :yeshrug:

I’m left, not extreme. I’m not politically correct but I respect people’s feelings, but then again I’m not a comedian. If shyt is funny it doesn’t matter what you’re talking about. Of course perhaps not make fun of black church goers a week after some fav terrorist attacks a black church. And perhaps not make fun of Jews after some hamas creh blows up a bus.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I want to see the whole clip but he's not lying. Comedians are apprehensive about doing their acts now and Hollywood is too scared to back comedies in major motion pictures. The whole genre is pretty much dead and it's no one to blame but the public and social media trying to out comedians not even from shyt they recently said but going back years to crucify them for some shyt they said years ago.
The bold is because those movies are not financially viable anymore, at least according to the major studios. The changing media landscape is responsible for that, not some pc gone mad woke culture. There's no double dipping on VHS/DVD/Blu-Ray anymore. Streaming made sure of that. It's why you see so many original comedies launching on that format. Look at No Hard Feelings, it was a R-rated raunchy comedy starring Jennifer Lawrence, and it failed to make back its budget.

Ok what about TV? Are there even any great comedy sitcoms anymore? I mean besides Abbott Elementary I can't think of another one.
Isn't this a matter of tastes? What's great to you?