Albums Jim Jones and Maino "LOBBY BOYZ" - MAY 27, 2022

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This how I know y’all confidentially talk about rappers y’all don’t listen to. I was expecting to hear some next level shyt, that was a regular ass Maino verse. Not in a bad way, meaning he literally always raps like that on his mixtape joints. If you only heard like singles I guess it’ll throw you off but that wasn’t abnormal. Nothing about it makes me think it was ghostwritten.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maino writer came through

It says a lot about how wack Jim Jone is on the mic that on both they collabs posted in this thread, he makes Maino sound real nice

Production is good as always. But damn Jim Jones is ass on the mic

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This how I know y’all confidentially talk about rappers y’all don’t listen to. I was expecting to hear some next level shyt, that was a regular ass Maino verse. Not in a bad way, meaning he literally always raps like that on his mixtape joints. If you only heard like singles I guess it’ll throw you off but that wasn’t abnormal. Nothing about it makes me think it was ghostwritten.
Came in here to say this. Maino been rapping like this literally forever. Lol. I mean since 04-05 mixtape type shyt.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Maino writer came through

It says a lot about how wack Jim Jone is on the mic that on both they collabs posted in this thread, he makes Maino sound real nice

Production is good as always. But damn Jim Jones is ass on the mic
Jim ain’t ass on the mic and this coming from someone who used to shyt on Jim religiously. His verse on this song wasn’t that great but he be getting busy on joints. But The Coli automatically hates any NY rapper ESPECIALLY if he’s an older NY rapper.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jim ain’t ass on the mic and this coming from someone who used to shyt on Jim religiously. His verse on this song wasn’t that great but he be getting busy on joints. But The Coli automatically hates any NY rapper ESPECIALLY if he’s an older NY rapper.
I fukks with NY rap and older NY rappers heavy..... I don't know nothin about what The Coli does...... but Jim has no mic presence and his delivery is garbage to me.

You can make fly videos, get the best production and decent writers..... but either you got it on the mic or you dont. And Jim Jones dont. What highlights it most to me is how much every aspect of the production is on point besides him.

Obviously he has a fanbase because some people must like him, but I set the bar a little higher.

edit:
to me he's like fat joe with less mic presence. you know the projects will be well produced. you know the features, the beats and the videos will be good. but ain't nothing special about it.
and i'd actually say joe is a more commanding presence on the mic than jim.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Came in here to say this. Maino been rapping like this literally forever. Lol. I mean since 04-05 mixtape type shyt.
Lol thecoli consistently talks with authority about rappers they don't listen to. It's so strange to me.

they don't realize they're basically saying:

"Rapper X is wack and I don't listen to them, but I know for a fact they don't rap like this based off my extensive lack of knowledge of their actual catalog"

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I fukks with NY rap and older NY rappers heavy..... I don't know nothin about what The Coli does...... but Jim has no mic presence and his delivery is garbage to me.

You can make fly videos, get the best production and decent writers..... but either you got it on the mic or you dont. And Jim Jones dont. What highlights it most to me is how much every aspect of the production is on point besides him.

Obviously he has a fanbase because some people must like him, but I set the bar a little higher.

edit:
to me he's like fat joe with less mic presence. you know the projects will be well produced. you know the features, the beats and the videos will be good. but ain't nothing special about it.
and i'd actually say joe is a more commanding presence on the mic than jim.
Listen to his verse on this for instance. I’m not saying Jim is some elite rapper. U will never hear me say that. But he do he gettin busy sometimes. And he does have a mic presence.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listen to his verse on this for instance. I’m not saying Jim is some elite rapper. U will never hear me say that. But he do he gettin busy sometimes. And he does have a mic presence.
just a difference of opinion, breh..... cos I ain't too impressed with that. it's ok, but I still don't think he has the mic presence

but thats what makes hip hop cool, we all like what we like

that beat is cold tho

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WHAT LOBBY YOU COME FROM? STATE YOUR LOBBY nikka

"Maino did 10 years in prison, you can't discredit him!!"

Negro WHAT!!??!? :bryan:

1. Yes you can, what is he talking about?
2. You know how many fagits/weirdos/victims of circumstance did madd years in prison?
3. What does that have to do with him not coming from any project lobby?

Maino seems solid to me, lobby boy or not...but whoever that was that said that is a clown. Sad part is he's probably like 40, :gag:. Prison time = Honor is insane, aint no medals of valor for a bid dummy, you do your bid because you have no choice but to do your bid, lol.

Last edited:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maino been spitting :hubie:
Yall gotta show and prove playa...please post some examples. I feel like I've heard madd Maino verses without actually ever hearing a project from him but if there's some hidden bar-heavy shyt please share it, I'd be pleasantly surprised.