John Cena: "_______ is the GOAT"

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Jimmy Traina: You posted some messages on social media that made many people believe that you'd be in this year's Royal Rumble, but you weren't, which left many of us disappointed.

John Cena: I'm proud to say I watched the Royal Rumble from my own home on the WWE Network and I thought the event, and especially the Rumble, was absolutely awesome, so if you watched from Houston or if you were in the audience it really didn't seem like I was missed.

I thought the event was extra special. It was great to be able to watch it as a fan and not endure any fear of missing out and just enjoy the event. And I can say with the utmost sincerity that I believe Brock Lesnar is best in-ring performer that I've seen and I know it's an opinion, and if you want a cool quote, here it is: I think he's the best in-ring performer of all time.

I thought his performance at the Rumble was a clinic on how to establish yourself, how to establish those around you, establish the championship, establish the importance of one event. He did so in less than 30 minutes, and I certainly don't have the skill set to do that, and it was awesome to be able to see a masterclass man put on a clinic on what to do and how to do it and I was really impressed with the Rumble.

JT: So you're saying Brock is the best ever?

JC: I really do think so. I genuinely think he has a good understanding of who he is. I think he's the best at when he needs to be dominant, he's the best in situations of jeopardy. He makes people better. He still has a mystique about him that will draw eyeballs to watch him and when he does he never disappoints.

I watching from home did not know the result of the Rumble and I thought Brock was gonna run the table and win. I knew the first 27 entrants would be boring, but I knew by 28 and 29 I'd be on the edge of my seat and asking the question, "What happens to the WrestleMania main event now that the No. 1 entrant ran the table and is the champion for the first time ever?"

And I love it when a plan comes together, to quote a member of the A Team. You could see how uneasy the crowd was with Brock's dominance and then over the course of time, how it became exciting and how it became riveting and then how it became like must-see and that's who Brock Lesnar is.

He believes so much in his presence, and he has such a definable presence you can't ignore him and he never wastes anyone's time and everything he does is special and everything he does meaningful and it's not all selfish. He's one of the most giving performers in the WWE and that is the mark of a true craftsman and a true professional. It was awesome to watch. My jaw dropped when I watched the Rumble.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2020/01/31/wwe-john-cena-brock-lesnar-royal-rumble

giphy.gif

Last edited:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s the only one that brings realism to it. It’s debatable that he is but it depends on what aspects you’re looking at.

AJ Styles can be argued for the same thing but it also depends on what aspects you’re basing it off.

brock is also an underrated seller and Cena is right: Brock is the best at looking dominant and he’s also cold at moments where it looks like he’s trouble

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Brock got nothing on Bret, Macho Man, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Flair, Dusty, Hogan, Austin, or The Rock.
Only kids 12 years old or younger look at Brock as even in the same stratesphre as the true legends, and thats because they only know garbage like Cena, HHH, and Edge.
They don't know any better.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He changes every year..first it was Hogan..went on the Austin show? Austin is the best ever. Rock program? The Rock is the greatest ever. Now its Brock 8 years later....Cena dont stand for shyt...lol. Wishy washy.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
He could have been the true big man workrate GOAT had he continued the path he was on before bailing on wrestling in 2004. He had every single tool to be an all time elite talent and was only 4 years into the game. The guy was improving and leveling up at a staggering rate and had that continued uninterrupted, he really could have been the GOAT.

Since his return, he's a unique entity and he's the only one that can have Brock Lesnar matches, but since he got locked into Suplex City mode, I'd compare him a lot to early 90s Taker where he was working the gimmick to perfection but that doesn't mean he was having great matches. He's had a lot of absolute dull, repetitive duds, but also a few really rad matches with a couple of guys (the AJ and Bryan matches come to mind and are basically the same match, and pre Suplex City Cena and Punk matches). His matches pretty much always go exactly the same way but the live audiences buy in every single time when his opponent gets a hope spot near the end and nearly wins, and there aren't many or any guys that happens with every match in WWE. He's the only guy who gets people to believe it's real again even if it is for a few seconds, so you gotta give him that.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
In terms of getting people to buy tickets, can't really make the argument for anyone else in WWE. A Brock Lesnar match is a big money match no matter how you try to slice it. :manny:

Underrated ability to sell. Truly phenomenal and is always able to dupe the crowd into believing his opponent will be able to get a win. A win over Brock can actually make people, you just can't fumble it afterwards (ie their booking of Rollins).

Styles is a definite honorable mention, but he hasn't had a feud worth a shyt in pretty much a year. :francis:

Straw Hat Luffy

Superstar
Daps
No..he ain't no great anything...wtf...he's not top 25.
If he’s top 25 or not is a different discussion. He’s still a legend who has had one of the most successful and longest wrestling careers as a top guy. His opinions on this topic can still be valid even if you’re not a fan of his. And his opinion can change because as time goes on wrestling is constantly changing and Lesnar has been a top guy in all three of the decades he’s been actively wrestling. He still is bringing that big time feel, great matches and moments. So yes, Cena can change his mind. And even if he changed it back to Rock or Austin there isn’t a disrespectful wrong answer.