John Cena agreeing to a squash shows why he's one of the GOAT's

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That would've only led to an EVEN faster and more vicious squash.

Even Cena's one trait that everyone props him on, his strength, is really nowhere as explosive as Lesnar. Those Lesnar training regiments are insane. Angle's sounded the most insane but Lesnar is a serious cat with his dedication to training, which is no surprise since he's a natural genetic freak.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
don't think cena belongs in the discussion with hogan or any of the pantheon greats being thrown around in this thread but in terms of being a team player none of those guys can compare to him. cena has done things no other person in his shoes would have agreed to... and that not only includes this recent squash but also the loss to rock at mania.

then again who knows what kinda shyt happens behind the scenes and what kinda deal cena got with management. maybe the days of wrestlers holding creative hostage are over and vince just got the talent on a tighter leash these days. :yeshrug:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only time Cena gets mainstream attention is when he's headlining Mania with The Rock, and that is because he is not one of the GOATS and no matter what anyone says he will never be.

Disagree

Cena has had numerous features on ESPN, Daytime talk shows, movie cameos on nickelodeon, interview on 106 & park, even The Marine was released in theaters.

Most of this didnt involve The Rock

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cena been merch king regardless if he on TV or not, easily most over with fans

You can't say he's most over when Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan all get better reactions.

I will concede to you and @Kidd Dibiase that my point about his mainstream attention was tacked on, and he does get some. So I'll give you that but I still cannot see him on any kind of GOAT list.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
You can't say he's most over when Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan all get better reactions.

I will concede to you and @Kidd Dibiase that my point about his mainstream attention was tacked on, and he does get some. So I'll give you that but I still cannot see him on any kind of GOAT list.

Reactions for Shield might be hotter right now, but Cena been consistent for a decade

And JR pointed out in his Fox article the booing by fans doesn't really happen house shows as smarks do it for TV. But 99.9% of wrestlers with they got his boos and his cheers.... and he getting both :2wow: