John Singleton's 'Snowfall' Season 1 Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I had posted about this last night too. Should be interesting. He also had a Miami club series and something based in New York currently in production. All three are things to look forward to next season.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
*anticipates heavy handed "MESSAGE" moments*

hqdefault.jpg

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Not saying it won't be interesting ........ but cotdamn ..... its like this is the thrust of the modern African American identity .... like nothing else matters ... music, sports, slavery, and contraband ... the African American experience :snoop:

Where is the Madame C.J. Walker series...that would be crazy dope (damh) ... first black female millionaire (maybe first black overall) ........
Where is the George Washington Carver movie, negro making 100s of products out of cotdamn peanuts.... and all the strife he more than likely went through ...
Where is the black guy that went to the North Pole movie way back when
Etc .....
i still want to see mel gibson give harriet tubman that hardcore reality treatment

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not saying it won't be interesting ........ but cotdamn ..... its like this is the thrust of the modern African American identity .... like nothing else matters ... music, sports, slavery, and contraband ... the African American experience :snoop:

Where is the Madame C.J. Walker series...that would be crazy dope (damh) ... first black female millionaire (maybe first black overall) ........
Where is the George Washington Carver movie, negro making 100s of products out of cotdamn peanuts.... and all the strife he more than likely went through ...
Etc .....

Who would watch that outside of a handful of people...And list some comparable shows with high ratings........:whistle:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Hold up... is the show going to have "cool" undertones where we start saying shyt like "Yo...that was hot!"

Or is it going to be our version of a much needed 80's crack epidemic Schindler's list which shows the unapologetic genocide of our communities?

I don't want to see any cool action figure like characters a la Omar from the wire.

I want the mini series to be uncomfortable to watch.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Etc .....

At least there's some variety :laugh:.

Just be glad you're not Italian. When's the last time you saw a drama about Italians that didn't involve the mafia :heh:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Etc .....

Mathew Henson my dude i would support this movie.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
The content ain't the main problem though, it's this being on Showtime. They have a terrible track record for quality shows. I'd be a hell of a lot more interested if it was on HBO, or hell, even AMC or FX.

Fred.
Actually Showtime had Brotherhood, a drama about two Irish brothers(one gangster the other politician) inspired by the Bulger brothers. It was actually a lot like The Sopranos. Not as brilliant, but still very good. And very dark. The characters were quite complex and very well acted.

A lot of people don't know about it, and it had low ratings, so it was cancelled after 3 seasons.
00107037-129701_500.jpg

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Actually Showtime had Brotherhood, a drama about two Irish brothers(one gangster the other politician) inspired by the Bulger brothers. It was actually a lot like The Sopranos. Not as brilliant, but still very good. And very dark. The characters were quite complex and very well acted.

A lot of people don't know about it, and it had low ratings, so it was cancelled after 3 seasons.
00107037-129701_500.jpg
I was mad when they cancelled it.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

00107037-129701_500.jpg

That was a great show to me and got mad as hell that they cancelled it....just :mindblown: to me that people mad slept on them. :smh: everybody didn't gave this show a chance.