Joining a frat

Balla

Superstar
Daps
You think it's worth joining a frat if you don't know anyone at school to make friends, network, and to have fun in college ? Or you think I could do OK on my own?

I really don't want to join one at all, but I know some of the benefits, I just don't like the feeling of being tied to something I might not want to give a majority of my time to.

I honestly don't want to join one at all, but I feel it's the only way.

I really wanna have fun in college mane.

:mjcry:

:takedat:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont see why not, you can always just walk away. i got a bid, but i realized it wasnt for me. i didnt pledge

it's not for everyone, but those dudes have a good fukkin time in college :yeshrug:

Last edited:

TL15

Veteran
Daps

giphy.gif

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
You continually develop your personality. You have the ability to reinvent yourself whenever you want. If you are living on campus just leave your door open if you want to make friends. People will come talk to you, everyone is feeling the same as you are. Do things that you want to do and you will make friends as long as you are open and humble. You will be able to make friends in them thangs if you want to. You are paying all this money to set yourself up strongly and wisely for the future. Remember this.

(dont do it)

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
I know a few people who are in frats and sororities and they live and love that shyt. I mean most people want to belong to something that's considered secretive and exclusive. I would imagine it being good for networking if you clique up with the right people.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
You think it's worth joining a frat if you don't know anyone at school to make friends, network, and to have fun in college
All of the above. I didn't join one, but my father did. I knew plenty of cats that were relatively unknown on campus that blew up once they crossed due to having to be at all the campus events to rep their frat. That comes with the territory. I didn't pledge but was still able to meet/know a majority of the known black people on my PWI campus due to just getting out of my shell and making sure I was at places where people be at. I wouldn't say pledge just to make friends but to have some semblance of interest in community service and networking post college. During the process you'll meet a number of professionals of all age ranges and fields that come from your frat.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I think clubs would be better for me. Why do you think it's a waste of time joining a frat?

Don't....you're in college...this is literally THE time to strike up convos with anyone you see

Waste of time...join student organizations and clubs based on your major or focus

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
Do your research on the organizations on your campus first. Attend their events and get to see who is about business and who is with the bullshyt. the gay hazing is exaggerated...only cac frats and kappas do that shyt:lolbron:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
How did you make friends with them as an unknown? Most people I see are very standoffish and look like they don't want to meet anyone.

All of the above. I didn't join one, but my father did. I knew plenty of cats that were relatively unknown on campus that blew up once they crossed due to having to be at all the campus events to rep their frat. That comes with the territory. I didn't pledge but was still able to meet/know a majority of the known black people on my PWI campus due to just getting out of my shell and making sure I was at places where people be at. I wouldn't say pledge just to make friends but to have some semblance of interest in community service and networking post college. During the process you'll meet a number of professionals of all age ranges and fields that come from your frat.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Do it because you want to be a part of it, not because it’s the golden ticket to a social life, find clubs you want to be a part of first, then if the desire is still there join one

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
It's great for networking/connections once you're in the working world.

I never pledged myself, but I see the benefits reaped by those that did.

Just like being a mason.

Organized, legal gang.

They take care of their own.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I can see doing it for the networking opportunities, but it mostly seems kinda corny to me.