Jokic is officially the 9th player to win 3 MVP’s

broller

Veteran
Daps
Which is a big indictment on the league and the voters
And why it needs to change
You can’t be winning awards and getting bounced in any rounds of the playoffs
This needs to be a cumulative award for everything in that season

I disagree because it's a team sport. Plus every major league (NHL, NFL, MLB) has the same system. Regular season award for their MVPs, coaches of the year, rookies of the year, Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers, All-Pro, first team all-star (NHL equivalent of first team All-NBA), etc

Also, what do you mean by being bounced in any rounds of the playoffs? You gotta win the title or go to the finals?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Lebron got his 4th MVP in year 10 and let's be real, after 2014 he's been coasted for portions of the regular season while his teams have underachieved. There hasn't been a single season in the last decade where I thought he was robbed of MVP.

2014: Easily KD
2015: Even if you don't think Steph should've won it, James Harden was a better candidate too
2016: :comeon:
2017: I think Harden and Kawhi were robbed, but not Bron. This year was the most blatant case of a Bron team underachieving in the regular season
2018: Probably Brons best case but James Harden is an easy slam dunk. His best season to that date and the Rockets won 65 games? Easy money.

And after 2018 he doesn't have a case in any of the seasons since :yeshrug: Even in 2020 he was just mad he didn't get second place because Giannis was the mostnobvious MVP since 2016 Steph

2021 he did have a legitimate case until Solomon Hill's dumbass
Lebron didn't coast in 2018 and he had to carry Cleveland to 50 wins so if anything they overachieved based on how they were constructed.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Whatever you think about him winning the award, (I would not have voted him 1st place personally, I would've voted Luka), what Shaq did yesterday was honestly pretty disgusting and classless.
It's fine to have your opinion but let the guy have his fukking moment without you spitting on his achievement.
Love Inside the NBA but Shaq is just so fukking bitter and disrespectful sometimes it's tough to take