Jokic is officially the 9th player to win 3 MVP’s

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
That team around him is not good. Murray was hurt the whole year. I think he deserved this one too.
Over Shai? My only thing is consistency. It feels like we go from best player on the best team to best in the world depending on what we feel.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
NOPE

They always force them to certain players when they can.

Nash back to back

Bird 3 years in a row (only person to EVER do this)

They tried to give Jokic 3 in a row.

I'm so surprised they haven't forced one to Luka by now.
Luka gets his next year....like they've tried to do for 3 years now.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over Shai? My only thing is consistency. It feels like we go from best player on the best team to best in the world depending on what we feel.

Advance stats favor Joker. I would’ve liked to see shai get it as well but I think timing is also important. I bet these votes were cast when Shai was hurt towards the end of the season while Denver was making a push.

Last edited:

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
Number of national TV games for 2023-24 NBA season (includes ESPN, TNT, ABC & NBA TV games): ATL: 15 BOS: 35 BKN: 11 CHA: 4 CHI: 7 CLE: 17 DAL: 28 DEN: 30 DET: 4 GSW: 41 HOU: 4 IND: 6 LAC: 22 LAL: 40 MEM: 19 MIA: 24 MIL: 30 MIN: 10 NOP: 12 NYK: 25 OKC: 13 ORL: 5 PHI: 29 PHX: 37…

There’s your answer

Denver on tv 30 times

Minnesota 10 and OKC 13

That’s the problem.. two of the best teams in the nba OKC AND MINNESOTA and the league couldn’t make adjustments

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Jokic does deserve to be in the runnings, but this was SGA's or Ant's award. But, the media has not gotten behind them, and it seems like they won't even get behind Ant no matter what happens next. Last season was his coming out party, and this season should've had him in the runnings, but it didn't. Tatum should also be in Top 5, and definitely ahead of Luka.

So, the way I see it, Giannis prob gets one more season in the runnings, same for Embiid, then Luka and Wembya for the next 4-6 years. That's 7 seasons right there.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Props to joker but its crazy that in 9 seasons he has 3 mvps and in 21.seasons lebron has 4.
Why is it crazy? Bron won his 3rd in Y9 too, and won all 4 of his in his first 10 years...

You do know that NBA voters are well known for voter fatigue after a guy gets a few, Bron could've literally won 8 MVPs (he was runner-up 4x)...

Also MVPs are a young man's award, the last MVP in his 10th year or later was LeBron----->11 years ago in '13, and he was exactly Y10. The last guy before that was Y12 Kobe in '08; then Y10 Nash in '06; and the last time there were consecutive "old guys" winning MVP was Y14 Malone ('99), Y13 Jordan ('98), Y12 Malone ('97), Y11 Jordan ('96)...

In the last quarter-century only 3 guys have won it in their 10th season or later...

In terms of how long into your career, Y14 Malone is literally the oldest MVP ever, followed by Y13 Jordan; Y12s Kobe and Malone; and Y11 Jordan. These are the only 5x a Y11 or older player has won MVP...

It's not an award older players get, by the time guys are Y10/11 or older they've already been recognized for their historic greatness...
When Embiid won it last year, some people questioned the validity of the award. When he went out sad in the playoffs, these same people straight up said he didn't deserve the MVP. They said that Jokic was the rightful MVP.

If / When Ant-Man packs this mother f***** up and sends him back to Serbia in a box, are these same people going to say that Jokic didn't deserve the MVP this year? :jbhmm:
Embiid shouldn't have won it last year. I would've given it to Shai but Jokic is still deserving of it this year...
Jokic should have won last year but the voters didn't want him winning 3 in a row :yeshrug:

This year should have been Shai
💯!
Lebron didn't coast in 2018 and he had to carry Cleveland to 50 wins so if anything they overachieved based on how they were constructed.
That dude you quoted was wrong about everything, he also said Bron didn't get runner-up in '20 😂...

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s no reason to vote or even have a committee if there’s a strict rubric to go by

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Whatever you think about him winning the award, (I would not have voted him 1st place personally, I would've voted Luka), what Shaq did yesterday was honestly pretty disgusting and classless.
It's fine to have your opinion but let the guy have his fukking moment without you spitting on his achievement.
Love Inside the NBA but Shaq is just so fukking bitter and disrespectful sometimes it's tough to take

NAH fukk THAT.

SHAQ KNOWS HOW IT FEELS
TO HAVE A WHITE MAN STEAL
YOUR MVP.

IM GLAD HE KEPT THE SAME
ENERGY HES HAD FOR NASH ALL OF
THESE YEARS INSTEAD OF BEING FAKE.
:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Advance stats favor Joker. I would’ve liked to see shai get it as well but I think timing is also important. I bet these votes were cast when Shai was hurt towards the end of the season while Denver was making a push.

:what:VOTING TAKES PLACE
AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON IS OVER

STOP TRYING TO FIND
EXCUSES FOR THIS BULLshyt.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:what:VOTING TAKES PLACE
AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON IS OVER

STOP TRYING TO FIND
EXCUSES FOR THIS BULLshyt.

You right. I confused it with the Botempts straw poll that came out. Either way Jokic was up comfortably towards the end.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Shai is a foul-grifting, Free throw merchant

The league needs to stop rewarding these manipulators

SHAI TOOK 1590 SHOTS THIS SEASON
AND 1037 OF THEM WERE JUMP SHOTS.

HE SHOT 47% ON JUMP SHOTS