Jokic is officially the 9th player to win 3 MVP’s

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Going by your logic Tatum is the MVP.

The MVP is an individual award. Why should teammates come into play? Let's say youre clearly the best player in the league and you're surrounded by garbage and there is another player who is clearly inferior but he is on the most talented team in the league. The clearly inferior player should win MVP just because they were on a better team? That shyt makes zero sense.
I agree using team success for the MVP is beyond stupid

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
It's crazy that a CENTER(who is supposed to be the anchor on defense) can rest on defense all season and win mvp after mvp. Jokic is the only center in the history of the NBA since the inception of the all defensive team, that has won multiple mvps and never made an all defensive team. On top of that, he's one of 3 centers to win mvp that never made an all defensive team (Mcadoo, Unseld). In the history of the NBA, only 4 multiple mvps have never made an all defensive team (Magic, Nash, Curry, Jokic). . Imagine how long Klay and Kawhi's careers would have been if they just rested on defense the first 10 years of their career. They've got to do something about this. It's crazy that in the NBA you can literally rest on defense and be called the best player in the game. As Giannis put up his best season statistically and he's never in the MVP conversation anymore. I swear to God I said years ago that Giannis was going to be so dominant, the league will start spreading the MVP around . They did the same thing to Kareem in the 70s when he could have easily won 9 mvps. Now you have a guy that no one fears on defense while being one of the worst defensive centers in the league outside of Zach Collins and he's praised for it.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I've been saying that the awards are narrative driven also forgot media driven too. SGA should of absolutely gotten this award. changed this team from a lottery team to a 1 seed being the first option while scoring at a efficient and elite level

Fred
and playing defense. I dont even like the Thunder. I'm a spurs fan, but the league makes it up as they go along. One year they gave it to Westbrooke as a 6th seed for averaging a triple double (when Kawhi should have won it) and then he continues to average triple doubles and never wins it again.

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought after last year we ended this whole jokic doesnt play any defense nonsense. denver had the 8th rated defense this year. their defensive rating with him off the floor 116.3, on the floor 112.3. top 10 in the league in steals, leads all nba big men in deflections, leads denver starters in both steals and blocks.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
i thought after last year we ended this whole jokic doesnt play any defense nonsense. denver had the 8th rated defense this year. their defensive rating with him off the floor 116.3, on the floor 112.3. top 10 in the league in steals, leads all nba big men in deflections, leads denver starters in both steals and blocks.

Anthony Davis was on his way to breaking the playoff single game playoff scoring record with Jokic guarding him. They had to switch lol.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And props to Shaq for calling the shyt out and not brown nosing like Chuck and Kenny

I'd be disgusted too. Shaq knows he was the best center for 6-7 years straight and would've annihilated Jokic in his prime yet he got 1 stinking MVP while Jokic got three. They not done either. They gonna try to give Jokic 4-5 MVPs, have him matching Jordan :dead: