Jokic is officially the 9th player to win 3 MVP’s

Daps
Let's not forget Jokic was scheduled to win 4 MVP's till Kendrick Perkins and others in the media went on a hard campaign for Embiid at the end.

Jokic was already the sure fire fav to win MVP in that pre-MVP poll they normally do that has pretty much always predicted MVP 100% correctly up until that point. Like he had twice as many votes as Embiid.

Imagine 4 MVP's in 5 years or whatever. White skin goes a long way, even in a sport dominated by black guys

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Let's not forget Jokic was scheduled to win 4 MVP's till Kendrick Perkins and others in the media went on a hard campaign for Embiid at the end.

Jokic was already the sure fire fav to win MVP in that pre-MVP poll they normally do that has pretty much always predicted MVP 100% correctly up until that point. Like he had twice as many votes as Embiid.

Imagine 4 MVP's in 5 years or whatever. White skin goes a long way, even in a sport dominated by black guys
SGA should’ve won imo. Had Brunson second.

When Magic won 3/4 years he made the Finals each time and won the chip each time. I’m know it’s a regular season award too but the Thunder had a 17 game improvement and were the number one seed in the west. Jokic is 100% a great player and deserved mention and should’ve won LAST YEAR imo, but this year? Nah. He’s not that bad defensively either. At least he’s solid now imo.

But yeah when you are white and great imo, the world is yours. And while he’s definitely great, this wasn’t his mvp this year.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York

I feel like if Jokic wins it again next season then clearly the fix is in motion to make him the face of the league, maybe not from a basketball cultural or personality perspective but just in terms of winning going forward.

A lot of people don't like to admit it but the voters have their own personal non-basketball related biases when making their MVP votes and Jokic is benefiting from that bias. I guarantee half of those MVP votes for him were likely made from a subconscious bias that has nothing to do with basketball.

I don't deny that he's a great basketball player in his own right but all these consecutive MVPs feels manufactured. If not for Embiid winning last year, Jokic would be at his 4th straight which is just unusual...people bringing up LeBron but the difference is that Bron has been in that upper echelon territory of greatness since he's came into the league.

In light of his stats, Jokic is nowhere near that level of greatness (Bill Russell, Wilt, Kareem, MJ, Bron, etc) but seems to be on pace to potentially surparss or tie (in regards to MVPs) guys like Bron, Wilt, MJ, Russell and I just can't believe that to be true or reflect the accuracy of where his greatness stands.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Giannis needs to stop fukking around and get it next year.

Embiid will be dominant again but he will not play at least 65 games.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I feel like if Jokic wins it again next season then clearly the fix is in motion to make him the face of the league, maybe not from a basketball cultural or personality perspective but just in terms of winning going forward.

A lot of people don't like to admit it but the voters have their own personal non-basketball related biases when making their MVP votes and Jokic is benefiting from that bias. I guarantee half of those MVP votes for him were likely made from a subconscious bias that has nothing to do with basketball.

I don't deny that he's a great basketball player in his own right but all these consecutive MVPs feels manufactured. If not for Embiid winning last year, Jokic would be at his 4th straight which is just unusual...people bringing up LeBron but the difference is that Bron has been in that upper echelon territory of greatness since he's came into the league.

In light of his stats, Jokic is nowhere near that level of greatness (Bill Russell, Wilt, Kareem, MJ, Bron, etc) but seems to be on pace to potentially surparss or tie (in regards to MVPs) guys like Bron, Wilt, MJ, Russell and I just can't believe that to be true or reflect the accuracy of where his greatness stands.

Yeah Ernie is obviously a biased cac republican. You know how he leans.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Which ones did he miss that he should have?
Definitely could've won in '11 and '14...

He finished runner-up 4x, so in theory its easy to make the case he could have 8 MVPs...
It's crazy that a CENTER(who is supposed to be the anchor on defense) can rest on defense all season and win mvp after mvp. Jokic is the only center in the history of the NBA since the inception of the all defensive team, that has won multiple mvps and never made an all defensive team. On top of that, he's one of 3 centers to win mvp that never made an all defensive team (Mcadoo, Unseld). In the history of the NBA, only 4 multiple mvps have never made an all defensive team (Magic, Nash, Curry, Jokic). . Imagine how long Klay and Kawhi's careers would have been if they just rested on defense the first 10 years of their career. They've got to do something about this. It's crazy that in the NBA you can literally rest on defense and be called the best player in the game. As Giannis put up his best season statistically and he's never in the MVP conversation anymore. I swear to God I said years ago that Giannis was going to be so dominant, the league will start spreading the MVP around . They did the same thing to Kareem in the 70s when he could have easily won 9 mvps. Now you have a guy that no one fears on defense while being one of the worst defensive centers in the league outside of Zach Collins and he's praised for it.
Giannis was in the conversation all year until the Bucks started sliding late. And he still finished 4th place; for his career he's tied for 8th-most Top 5 finishes with Harden, Durant, Hakeem, and Ewing...

Giannis is always in MVP conversation lmao...
I'd be disgusted too. Shaq knows he was the best center for 6-7 years straight and would've annihilated Jokic in his prime yet he got 1 stinking MVP while Jokic got three. They not done either. They gonna try to give Jokic 4-5 MVPs, have him matching Jordan :dead:
Shaq was the best center for a stretch but he didnt deserve MVP any year after 2000 except for '05. There were better players and/or guys who just had better seasons and were more deserving...

Honestly the only year before '00 you could give it to him would be '98, he didnt deserve MVPs like that...

He may win one more the rest of his career. MVP is a young man award, he'll be Y10 next year. It's getting late for him...

He's deserved his MVPs to this point, now he has to validate them in years to come by winning championships...

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jokic plays zero defense. Minnesota was having lay up drills against him the other night when he was the last line of defense.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Definitely could've won in '11 and '14...

He finished runner-up 4x, so in theory its easy to make the case he could have 8 MVPs...

Giannis was in the conversation all year until the Bucks started sliding late. And he still finished 4th place; for his career he's tied for 8th-most Top 5 finishes with Harden, Durant, Hakeem, and Ewing...

Giannis is always in MVP conversation lmao...

Shaq was the best center for a stretch but he didnt deserve MVP any year after 2000 except for '05. There were better players and/or guys who just had better seasons and were more deserving...

Honestly the only year before '00 you could give it to him would be '98, he didnt deserve MVPs like that...

He may win one more the rest of his career. MVP is a young man award, he'll be Y10 next year. It's getting late for him...

He's deserved his MVPs to this point, now he has to validate them in years to come by winning championships...
I will always say he should not have won as a 6th seed.

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
SGA should’ve won imo. Had Brunson second.

When Magic won 3/4 years he made the Finals each time and won the chip each time. I’m know it’s a regular season award too but the Thunder had a 17 game improvement and were the number one seed in the west. Jokic is 100% a great player and deserved mention and should’ve won LAST YEAR imo, but this year? Nah. He’s not that bad defensively either. At least he’s solid now imo.

But yeah when you are white and great imo, the world is yours. And while he’s definitely great, this wasn’t his mvp this year.
Don't forget the reason why Joker didn't get it last year was because the media realized they fukked up the previous season when they gave it to Joker when Embiid was beasting the regular season and deserved it. This is why I dont like how the MVP is done now. I think it should be players, coaches,gms, and media but not as strong as it is now.

Fred

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

If Jokic won last year, which he should have, I think the panel would move on and let someone get a turn. Shai or Luka would be up. A 4peat hasn't been done and I don't think it starts now.
I will always say he should not have won as a 6th seed.
The precedent was already set (or broken) by Westbrook in a modern context, and by Kareem is a historic context. And Denver wasn't a lowly 6 seed, they won 48 games.