Jon Stewart returning to the Daily Show

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I have hopes that Jon Stewart will return and continue to be a loud voice pointing out the hypocrisy and cruelty of Republican politics.

I fear that, like in the past when he was host, that he will be the only voice in mainstream media doing so.
He left the daily show nearly a decade ago in 2015. Even though 2015 doesn't seem like that long ago, a lot has changed since then in how people consume information. There is so much more noise to cut through, I'm wondering how he's going to navigate it and how effective he'll be really.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’m interested in how much of an impact this will have he’s old enough and got enough money to just be a politician especially since Trevor Noah couldn’t bring the show up a level in any way and actually lessened the impact

I love Apple stuff like For all mankind and the Will Smith movie but nobody watches that so to the larger public it’s going to be like he’s been out of the public eye for years

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He left the daily show nearly a decade ago in 2015. Even though 2015 doesn't seem like that long ago, a lot has changed since then in how people consume information. There is so much more noise to cut through, I'm wondering how he's going to navigate it and how effective he'll be really.
I think the content he did on Apple TV was consistent with what he did on The Daily Show -- even if it wasn't comedy-focused.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
My god with how bad Bill Maher & Stephen Colbert has become this is soooo needed..
Still even without Bill Maher & Colbert he is so needed.

I have hopes that Jon Stewart will return and continue to be a loud voice pointing out the hypocrisy and cruelty of Republican politics.

Do not belittle Jon Stewart to a mere partisan.
He spoke on the hypocrisy of BOTH parties.

There’s just more of it on the right

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My god with how bad Bill Maher & Stephen Colbert has become this is soooo needed..
Still even without Bill Maher & Colbert he is so needed.

Do not belittle Jon Stewart to a mere partisan.
He spoke on the hypocrisy of BOTH parties.

There’s just more of it on the right
That's absolutely true and fair.