Josh Childress on What Happens When You Sign Your First NBA Contract

Daps

In a way I appreciate what he saying :jbhmm:, but after spending my WHOLE life getting by on less than 40k a year- I feel no sympathy :manny:

Give me $11M spread out over 5 years ( I have earned around 110k over the last 5 years-), and its still more than i have EVER made in all my years combined--:mjcry:

I bet I start a few businesses, invest, and put myself in a situation where I'm GOOD for the REST of my life. :blessed:

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
If I was a marginal NBA player, I would model my career after his to a T. Go to Greece and immediately be probably the best player on the team, get free housing and cheuffer (like he got), and TAX FREE paychecks which ended up being way more than what he gave up with the hawks. Smart as hell

KOBE

Superstar
Daps

In a way I appreciate what he saying :jbhmm:, but after spending my WHOLE life getting by on less than 40k a year- I feel no sympathy :manny:

Give me $11M spread out over 5 years ( I have earned around 110k over the last 5 years-), and its still more than i have EVER made in all my years combined--:mjcry:

I bet I start a few businesses, invest, and put myself in a situation where I'm GOOD for the REST of my life. :blessed:

You even listen to the video breh? The first thing he says is that the 11 million over 5 years is more like 5-6 million because of taxes/agent fees/etc. :russ:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I was a marginal NBA player, I would model my career after his to a T. Go to Greece and immediately be probably the best player on the team, get free housing and cheuffer (like he got), and TAX FREE paychecks which ended up being way more than what he gave up with the hawks. Smart as hell

EL Amin from U-Con did the same shyt and earned over 30 mill tax free in his career.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You even listen to the video breh? The first thing he says is that the 11 million over 5 years is more like 5-6 million because of taxes/agent fees/etc. :russ:
it is, its like a million a year after taxes

but its like...motherfukkers live on 50k a year after taxes and theyre doing pretty well :dahell: do these dudes HAVE to blow that shyt? idk

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
it is, its like a million a year after taxes

but its like...motherfukkers live on 50k a year after taxes and theyre doing pretty well :dahell: do these dudes HAVE to blow that shyt? idk
He basically told you what happen with young players, they see how the vets are living and try to fit in or look the part and end up spending too much money on frivolous things.

Smart rookies just rent homes until they get their first big contract, get one car, and don't get wild with the clothes and jewelry.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS

:wow: son was really rockin the o-dog braids in that video. i remember when he had the jim kelly fro back when he had played for stanford.

homie was really taking the change out the machines, counting the money and keepin track of inventory :dead: that stanford learning.