Jump Rope Recommendations for Beginners

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Jumping Rope is G.O.A.T.

When I first started I couldn't go longer than 5-10 mins. But, i'm at about 3 1/2 weeks in to jumping rope 4-5 days a week --- and I can go for about 20 + mins straight now.

And I have dropped 6lbs and body fat/inches. I am now about 2-3lbs away from my goal weight.

Question: My goal/happy weight is around 120-122 lbs. But, I wanted to "cut" aka lean out -- and lose the 8lbs I gained from being lazy this year. Should I lose another 5-8lbs before I start my back strength training 3-4 times a week? I was strength training earlier this year - but I decided to cut down and lose the weight I had gained first.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jumping Rope is G.O.A.T.

When I first started I couldn't go longer than 5-10 mins. But, i'm at about 3 1/2 weeks in to jumping rope 4-5 days a week --- and I can go for about 20 + mins straight now.

And I have dropped 6lbs and body fat/inches. I am now about 2-3lbs away from my goal weight.

Question: My goal/happy weight is around 120-122 lbs. But, I wanted to "cut" aka lean out -- and lose the 8lbs I gained from being lazy this year. Should I lose another 5-8lbs before I start my back strength training 3-4 times a week? I was strength training earlier this year - but I decided to cut down and lose the weight I had gained first.
If you're not that far from your goal weight...go ahead and try to to accomplish that before moving on

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
61tFkhgIgTL._SX569_.jpg

get something like this from walmart or target shouldnt be more than $15. if you actually use it, from normal wear and tear it'll last 3-4 months. You can jump rope on concrete, rubber gym floor, hardwood, grass, dirt....your knees will be fine.

My quest to lose 30lbs in 2 months begins today..

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@xoxodede

Ive told this story before. But I went on a mini cut back in the day. I would jump rope in my 3rd floor apt on carpet in front of my big screen. Id turn on a movie and just jump til it was over .Raging Bull was my favorite. I'd jump inside in the living room until it was nice enough and I'd go jump outside .
I had a cheap electronic jump rope with a counter . Cost like $6 on amazon. I could program it to beep or alert me when I got to 2500 jumps or countdown from 1 hour . So I could set different goals. Try to get a certain amount of jump in a certain amount of time,etc.

I only bugged out once in the month that I was cutting .I jumped 7 days a week and ate a strict diet. But one day I was fiending for a Hardee's chicken sandwich. shyt was like 900 cals. Ate that at the restaurant then went home and grabbed the rope. Burned off the sandwich and did my normal routine.

Anyway I turned by body into a furnace. I was burning calories like no other .I wanted to stop at 140. I stepped on the scale and was like 134. So I'm like okay I'm done with that.

Starred eating more (still eating clean) and putting weights back into my routine. I get on the scale a week and a half later and in 128!!!!

I tell people I had looked like I had aids cause no matter what I did I couldnt gain weight for shyt. But it was all good and fun.

Jump rope, push ups, dips and body squats....fun times.

Last edited: