Just Starting Watching 'The Wire' And...

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
It's boring me to sleep. I'm through the first 6 episodes and it's not immediately catching my attention like Breaking Bad or Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos did. They show the Police too much and the shyt is super predictable and boring. It's supposed to be one of the best series ever and I really wanna give it a chance. I know everyone has seen it, so tell me. Does it start to pick up, or is it like this the entire series?? No trolls please. Looking for serious answers of people who have seen the series..

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
It's boring me to sleep. I'm through the first 6 episodes and it's not immediately catching my attention like Breaking Bad or Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos did. They show the Police too much and the shyt is super predictable and boring. It's supposed to be one of the best series ever and I really wanna give it a chance. I know everyone has seen it, so tell me. Does it start to pick up, or is it like this the entire series?? No trolls please. Looking for serious answers of people who have seen the series..
You're going through what everybody went through

First episodes
:beli:

"What is the big hype about???? I mean.. it's just a bunch of dudes talking about random stuff"

End of Season 1
:whoo:

Then get ready for
:obama::whew:

Trust me. I've watched SO MANY TV SHOWS breh..

The Wire is the best TV show, of all time. You'll agree with me, just finish season 1. Looking back you'll realize that this is the best show when it comes to character development and especially PACING.

This is an adult TV show, don't expect a quick payoff - but if you stick with this show, you'll end up loving it. One of only 2 TV shows I ever bought the box set of (not because I'm cheap but because it needs to be mind blowing for me to have it in my house).

Trust me breh, you gonna want to hear this proposition
:mjgrin:

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
Breh I feel you a 100 per cent. Couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. shyt feels like anesthesia.
I was legit feeling like I was missing something. Lol. Because everyone just goes on and on about how great it was. I get it. Some shows are a slow burn. Ray Donovan was one. Started kinda slow and predictable, and then it got good as shyt by mid season and just became better from there. But this Wire shyt is a real chore to sit though. Find myself hella distracted while trying to make it through an episode...

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Breh I feel you a 100 per cent. Couldn't make it past the 2nd episode. shyt feels like anesthesia.
The 2nd episode!?

tenor.gif

Breh come on. If entire legions of black people are telling you this is the shyt boy... watch the first season at least: this is that real shyt boy.

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
You're going through what everybody went through

First episodes
:beli:

"What is the big hype about???? I mean.. it's just a bunch of dudes talking about random stuff"

End of Season 1
:whoo:

Then get ready for
:obama::whew:

Trust me. I've watched SO MANY TV SHOWS breh..

The Wire is the best TV show, of all time. You'll agree with me, just finish season 1. Looking back you'll realize that this is the best show when it comes to character development and especially PACING.

This is an adult TV show, don't expect a quick payoff - but if you stick with this show, you'll end up loving it. One of only 2 TV shows I ever bought the box set of (not because I'm cheap but because it needs to be mind blowing for me to have it in my house).

Trust me breh, you gonna want to hear this proposition
:mjgrin:
I'm gonna really try to stick it out. I tried to watch it years ago and didn't make it past episode 3. Here I am, 10 years later and I figured I would appreciate more as an older breh. It's the same thing this time around :beli: I'm checking out Deadwood now and this is keeping my interest, but I'm definitely gonna try to finish The Wire.

Babymama Magnet

All Star
Daps
Do you see immediate gain when you start working out?

Watching the wire is like reading a book. They need to establish the storyline and characters first for you to really appreciate the show.

Get through season 1 and enjoy season 2 :blessed:

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
OP do you like Power? If your answer is yes KILL YOURSELF. If the answer is no, open up your mind and pay attention to the screen cuh.
It's always gotta be one :beli:

I have to kill myself because I happen to find one show entertaining and the other one boring?:what:

I'll give the show a damn chance. That's why I started the thread. To gain some feedback. But some of ya'll take shyt that you have no personal or financial stake on waaayyy too seriously. Relax bro. It's a TV show and people have individual likes and preferences...

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's always gotta be one :beli:

I have to kill myself because I happen to find one show entertaining and the other one boring?:what:

I'll give the show a damn chance. That's why I started the thread. To gain some feedback. But some of ya'll take shyt that you have no personal or financial stake on waaayyy too seriously. Relax bro. It's a TV show and people have individual likes and preferences...
Nah it’s no relax. I’m guessing you like Power. Kill yourself :hubie:no beef