Just Starting Watching 'The Wire' And...

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The 2nd episode!?

tenor.gif

Breh come on. If entire legions of black people are telling you this is the shyt boy... watch the first season at least: this is that real shyt boy.
Lmao aight aight Ima watch it

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Don't forget Herc is a problem too, to concerned with stats and knocking nikkas heads off. At the end of season 1 it's like why Carver did Herc like that bit when you get down to it Carver was better for it. Prez at least was good in office just dont ever give him a gun he at least had the office work as a redeeming quality. Herc had zero redeeming qualities.

Colliccio was the woat

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
Don't forget Herc is a problem too, to concerned with stats and knocking nikkas heads off. At the end of season 1 it's like why Carver did Herc like that bit when you get down to it Carver was better for it. Prez at least was good in office just dont ever give him a gun he at least had the office work as a redeeming quality. Herc had zero redeeming qualities.

I didn't forget. I didn't want to make a long ass post and give away too much.

But good looking out. The Wire had so much, real life storylines. Plus the real street OGs that were brought on as characters makes that show the GOAT.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The wire becomes a masterpeice only like after the 2-3rd time you watch the series. You dont realize how much you missed.

My first watch was for the story mostly. Then the second you watch for the subplots. Small stories that play a big role.

after that you start watching the series for the characters arc and be like fukk how did that person go from point a to point z, was crazy.

Its very layered and will take time.

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
Lemme guess, U wanna see someone’s wig get split every 2.5 minutes of the show.....

OP, if I could neg u, I would
:francis:
Where did I say that? nikka. I've watched waaaaay more complex and intricate shows than some project nikkas in Baltimore dealing heroin. If the shyt is boring, it's boring. I have people in here agreeing with me, so obviously I'm not alone. I said I'm gonna give the arc time to build and I'm gonna stick it out. Damn. What more you nikkas want from me?:what:

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
The Wire slowly introduces all the major players which is the Feds, politicians, and the streets then it all comes together.

I rewatched the entire series last week and I never realized how slow and boring the first season was but you will like it once it all comes together.

The show foretells or retells things happening/has happened today. Pryzbylewski represents everything we see going on right now with these incompetent ass cops. That show was :whew:
Posts like these have me excited. I'm gonna power through. Ray Donovan was boring and mundane as shyt at first. If only I knew the fukkery that was to come :whew:

It's one of my favorite shows now. I understand, in some rare cases, you have to be patient with a show. I was expecting instant gratification because of how much I see the show praised everywhere. I guess this will be a slow burn. Thanks for the input breh. Truly appreciated. .

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
It’s not for people with short attention spans :yeshrug:
I don't have a short attention span nikka. I've sat through, and enjoyed, much more complex shows than the fukking Wire :rudy:

You nikkas in here giving yall selves too much credit. If the shyt is boring, its boring. Doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. nikka, I'm paying super close attention. That's how I know the shyt is boring :dahell:

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
It's boring me to sleep. I'm through the first 6 episodes and it's not immediately catching my attention like Breaking Bad or Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos did. They show the Police too much and the shyt is super predictable and boring. It's supposed to be one of the best series ever and I really wanna give it a chance. I know everyone has seen it, so tell me. Does it start to pick up, or is it like this the entire series?? No trolls please. Looking for serious answers of people who have seen the series..
Swear this is me. And I've tried three times. End up turning it off and watching old Soprano episodes.

DatLBCGuy562

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ESLBC/21st & Locust
Swear this is me. And I've tried three times. End up turning it off and watching old Soprano episodes.
Exactly. nikkas in here acting like they're fukking rocket scientists and intellectuals because they "get" a show about Black people dealing heroin to other Black people :russ:

Boardwalk Empire, Ray Donovan, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos. All shows with more intricate plots and storylines than the fukking Wire. Blink and you miss something kinda shows. And they managed to keep my attention and interests, even when introducing the main characters and setting up the plot. The Wire doesn't do that for me:yeshrug:

But it can't just be shytty writing or people having different tastes and opinions. No. That can't be it. There has to be some sorta flaw with ME :childplease: