Justin Bieber Says Fukk an LLC, Closes in on $200million deal to sell his ENTIRE music catalog

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Daps
For him, this is a good deal. He wasn’t going to have the same impact, or legacy of hits like Michael Jackson, Prince, Sting, etc. How many hits does he have that people are constantly asking for, or playing in stores, commercials, etc?

:manny:

How many memorable videos does he have? He’s only a household name because young girls went crazy. His music wasn’t really slapping like that. Look at someone like Timberlake. He went solo, and had multiple hits DJs play at clubs, and are played in retail stores, and on the radio. Cry Me A River, Sexy Back, Can’t Stop The Feeling.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Lowkey smart bc his most popular older music is not being played today and if he's doubling Justin Timberlake, then that's a W by itself.

Idk how his condition is but I feel confident he would have a way easier time making popular music than a lot of artists that are selling theirs.

Edit: if he actually sells for $200 mil then that'll be more than even ye was supposedly shopping around. it's hard to see this as a loss for him considering what his popular music was.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Congrats to dude for picking up a 200 piece, :jbhmm:I wonder what the play is for Hipgnosis buying all these catalogs
I think streaming and licensing costs are going to go up. Media; music is the cheapest it's ever been. That model isn't sustainable. The industry for the last 10+ years was just in the reactionary and technological development period of the downfall of physical media. It's going to go up. We see this already with video streaming; Netflix couldn't be $8 forever and HBOMAX is cutting their own programming. It's going to bleed into other industries eventually.

Just think about it; you have access to most of modern recorded music anytime for the price of what a single CD was 20 years ago. That model wasn't sustainable.

Personally, I hate this subscription society we're slowly gravitating towards. I haven't gotten rid of my CD collection because of it.