Kamala Harris Officially Announces 2020 Presidential Bid - Kamala Bear... GRRRR!!!

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Because the Republican base always votes, and the Dem base always finds excuses not to vote.

Kamala isn't my first choice but she'd certainly be better than Trump. But I think a large part of the Democratic base is going to hate on whoever wins the primary and not turn out.

This thread is pretty much an example of Democrats (and their voters) eating their own.
The whole Democrats "eating their own" thing is a bad point. Are you a part of the activist community? Imagine you spend all your life and time fighting advocating for making life better for everyone and then at a point you're told to "compromise." That compromise will involve people dying and being exploited and it overall intolerable but it's better than the quicker death from the other side. You present proposals to do better that are deemed "unreasonable" by your supposed allies while they "reasonably" exploit the people you look to support. At a certain point, you say fukk it "i'm not your bytch."

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Judging by the town hall that's already been announced and the Rachel Maddow interview that's been announced, i guess she's the one the Dem Establishment will try and shove down our throats

this will ofc turn people off to her, and possibly cause her to lose to Trump (not that I think she really can beat trump)

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Quick Question

Didnt she have sexual Harassment going on in her ranks, that she knew nothing about?

How come this isn't brought up like what happened to Bernie?

"If he can't manage his campaign, can he manage the country?" Isnt that what they were saying on the news?

Are we gonna Keep the same energy with Kamala Harris? Or is this one different cuz reasons :mjpls:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Because the Republican base always votes, and the Dem base always finds excuses not to vote.

Kamala isn't my first choice but she'd certainly be better than Trump. But I think a large part of the Democratic base is going to hate on whoever wins the primary and not turn out.

This thread is pretty much an example of Democrats (and their voters) eating their own.
Please show me one person in here saying if their Dem nominee loses they are not voting Dem?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Judging by the town hall that's already been announced and the Rachel Maddow interview that's been announced, i guess she's the one the Dem Establishment will try and shove down our throats

this will ofc turn people off to her, and possibly cause her to lose to Trump (not that I think she really can beat trump)
You're going to see a lot of these from all the candidates.

Campaigns learned from Bernie's failure in 2016 that its important to announce early and leverage the media as soon as possible..

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

Campaigns learned from Bernie's failure in 2016 that its important to announce early and leverage the media as soon as possible..
sad shyt my guy

These people don't have anything but bad-faith arguments against Bernie. Mans is too clean

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

Also Bernie was doing Town Halls the past couple of years and no one is claiming the establishment is for him.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
First, the audacity to announce your bid on MLK day. What a narcissistic POS.

Second, release you announcement vid on MLK while being a shytty AG who extended sentences and locked tons of black men up over her extreme opposition to weed legalization

Third, that video was pure trash. Makes Trillary look like prime JFK in terms of charisma. That ad was straight out of uncreative, shyt campaign school 101

Buzzword? Check
Bright Color? Check
Platitudes? Check
Generic uptempo music? Check

Fourth, she’s apparently slept her way to the political top in SF

She won’t make it out of Iowa

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Bernie missed his window.

Not so sure. Bernie has higher name recognition, good favorability rating, a great digital team, and an army of grassroots activists that the other candidates aside Biden and perhaps Warren don't have at this juncture. If he announces in the next 6-8 weeks, he's got as good as shot as anyone.

And it being more than 2 person race may end up helping him

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
CNN basically annointed her tonight. My biases aside, I am interested in seeing how this all plays out.

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Not so sure. Bernie has higher name recognition, good favorability rating, a great digital team, and an army of grassroots activists that the other candidates aside Biden and perhaps Warren don't have at this juncture. If he announces in the next 6-8 weeks, he's got as good as shot as anyone.

And it being more than 2 person race may end up helping him
First, I'm not trying to shyt on Bernie. I just want to make sure I put that out there.

I think he has an uphill battle that will require him to address the issues that come with increased scrutiny. If he does well, he will win the nomination.

If not, I'm not sure what happens to be honest

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
First, I'm not trying to shyt on Bernie. I just want to make sure I put that out there.

I think he has an uphill battle that will require him to address the issues that come with increased scrutiny. If he does well, he will win the nomination.

If not, I'm not sure what happens to be honest

i didn't think you were :hubie:

If he's more competitive in the south... a big IF, I think a bigger field of Dem candidates will help him. South Carolina is early enough.

California being early though helps Harris a lot though.

Also, let us not forget there is no winner take all of delegates. It is proportional. Which could deliver a CONTESTED CONVENTION if no one separates themselves..or we have Obama vs. Clinton again type of scenario.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
On second thought, I'll do what I intended to do, even if it is redundant.

Why? I've never understood the support behind her, outside of performative wokeness and liberal tokenism.

I'm not accusing you of either, I know you to be a good poster, but could you articulate your support?

If she's willing to be a cog in a larger mechanism, then she's not a progressive which she wants to be marketed as.

Moreover, it means there's no reason to believe she'd fight for single payer healthcare, curtail inflated college tuition/student debt, have a restrained foreign policy, reform the criminal legal system, regulate Wall Street/donor class, etc.

All of those things require you to go beyond merely being a cog in an unjust system. By all accounts, that's not who she is.

She may not be a progressive that fits the current label, she may be more of a centrist, and that is fine, for a few reasons, but mainly that we are in a crisis with the current admin, and we need to stop the bleeding. She has spent a lifetime in public office, and is experienced in areas that qualify for higher office. When I say cog in a system, I am specifically saying when she was state AG and DA in SF. But, generally speaking that is true. I like her for the same reasons I liked Hillary Clinton. I would like if she had some more international experience, but here is where we are. These people are flawed, there is no purity in politics, esp. for someone who spent a lifetime in them, Obama may be as close as we ever get.

I also would like to see a woman in office, and a non white male, and someone who is relatively young, and from a progressive state, not a 78 year old, like Biden or Bernie. I'll take any Dem, but I personally like her. I don't know if she can win, or who you feel the better option is, but if she can win, I'd like to see her win.

Last edited: