Kanye West's Yeezy Brand Expected to Top $1.5B in Sales By Year's End: 'I Am a Product Guy at My Cor

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
how sway?:gucci:

gallery-1446338932-gettyimages-488589090.jpg

gettyimages-462969370jpg.jpg

people buying this:trash::huhldup:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I gotta say Im really impressed with how the Yeezy adidias thing worked.

Im not sure how it is in the US but I live in the UK and visit the Middle East for work trips and in both areas I see sooooooo many people rock the Yeezy boosts. Not just dudes, but kids, women, families. It hasnt quite lost its cool factor yet either

Even when I first saw all his shows they looked wack but the boost is a win and now even the Wave Runners are being copped

adidas-yeezy-boost-350-v2-dark-green-on-feet.jpg

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
1.5 billion in sales

This has to be BS

I see A LOT of people wear them overseas, not sure what its like in the US but in Europe and the Middle East and pacific Asia you can go on the streets and count at least 10-20 people with different versions of them.
Im actually shocked at how releasing them to mass availability worked

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye owns 1.5% of the brand
And is paid as an ambassador

Slave deal

nikkas don't read for shyt. I don't know what he owns but the article says he gets 15% royalty plus marketing.

West, however, had always insisted on maintaining ownership of his brand. And when Adidas executives caught wind of West’s dissatisfaction, they invited him to Germany. With the help of Scooter Braun, who started a stint comanaging West around the same time, they created what appears to be an unprecedented deal: a 15% royalty on wholesale, according to sources familiar with the deal, plus a marketing fee. For comparison, Michael Jordan is thought to get royalties closer to 5%, though he doesn’t own his brand. (After publication, West's camp disputed the extent of Braun's involvement with the deal, claiming the terms had already been settled before his arrival).

HearNoEvil

World's Nerdiest DJ
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SEA / ATX
still don't get why he doesn't just do it by himself instead of chasing clout on established brands

Did it with Louis Vuitton, Nike, and Adidas...

Still ain't figure it out yet?

If it's not your speciality, outsource it.

Kanye has no business setting up his own manufacturing and distribution, not to mention marketing.

Remember, he's still a musician and a father.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still don't get why he doesn't just do it by himself instead of chasing clout on established brands

Did it with Louis Vuitton, Nike, and Adidas...

Still ain't figure it out yet?

There's no positive to having to own factories, pay for your own marketing and have designers on payroll. At best he should renegotiate his deals to get a bigger cut. You see Jordan didn't leave Nike even after becoming a billionaire.