Kanye West's Yeezy Brand Expected to Top $1.5B in Sales By Year's End: 'I Am a Product Guy at My Cor

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There's no positive to having to own factories, pay for your own marketing and have designers on payroll. At best he should renegotiate his deals to get a bigger cut. You see Jordan didn't leave Nike even after becoming a billionaire.
If it's not your speciality, outsource it.

Kanye has no business setting up his own manufacturing and distribution, not to mention marketing.

Remember, he's still a musician and a father.
Meh.

Like Rick Ross said:

I'M SELF MADE
YOU JUST AFFILIATED
I BUILT IT GROUND UP
YOU BOUGHT IT RENOVATED

This is why I salute Rihanna more than Kanye at this point. She's doing something groundbreaking not seen in pop music. A whole new fashion house, supply chain, and foundation of resources.

You wanna do it, or you wanna play with this thing?

I've been waiting on him to do PASTELLE or whatever it was supposed to be for damn near 15 years. The Full Story of Kanye West's Unreleased Pastelle Clothing Line

revan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Meh.

Like Rick Ross said:

I'M SELF MADE
YOU JUST AFFILIATED
I BUILT IT GROUND UP
YOU BOUGHT IT RENOVATED

This is why I salute Rihanna more than Kanye at this point. She's doing something groundbreaking not seen in pop music. A whole new fashion house, supply chain, and foundation of resources.

I've been waiting on him to do PASTELLE or whatever it was supposed to be for damn near 15 years. The Full Story of Kanye West's Unreleased Pastelle Clothing Line

Judging by Yeezy Season 3-6, doing it by himself is just too expensive for anything approaching mass market.

What Rihanna is doing is special, I don't know the ends and outs of it but you can sell garments at that price point if it's affiliated with a house like LV.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Kanye owns 1.5% of the brand
And is paid as an ambassador

Slave deal
LMAO...even if "only" owning 1.5%, that's $15M in revenue (or net worth) that he added to his bottom line for doing something he's passionate about - designing apparel. Love how cats can brush off $15M in a year (from one of multiple ventures) when they won't see that in a lifetime :childplease:

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh.

Like Rick Ross said:

I'M SELF MADE
YOU JUST AFFILIATED
I BUILT IT GROUND UP
YOU BOUGHT IT RENOVATED

Rihanna has a brand under LVMH who owns multiple fashion brands and I seriously doubt she owns any of the supply chain. Its literally no different from what Kanye or Jordan are doing.

Stop getting financial advice from rappers. Owning things is not always wise, especially in retail businesses where the value can shyt the bed overnight. The ideal position is to get a significant portion of the profits without having to take the baths.

Last edited:

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
LMAO...even if "only" owning 1.5%, that's $15M in revenue (or net worth) that he added to his bottom line for doing something he's passionate about - designing apparel. Love how cats can brush off $15M in a year (from one of multiple ventures) when they won't see that in a lifetime :childplease:

That’s pretty bad when u consider the amount they spent.

15M minus taxes, expenses etc he’s at 1-2M while having millions in promo

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Meh.

Like Rick Ross said:

I'M SELF MADE
YOU JUST AFFILIATED
I BUILT IT GROUND UP
YOU BOUGHT IT RENOVATED

Rhianna is getting support from LVMH dumbazz

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Judging by Yeezy Season 3-6, doing it by himself is just too expensive for anything approaching mass market.

What Rihanna is doing is special, I don't know the ends and outs of it but you can sell garments at that price point if it's affiliated with a house like LV.
C'mon man...this dude is spamming tens of millions of people on social media aobut this shyt but now its too hard?

I've been a kanye fan since he was doing verses on songs he wasn't even getting album credits on...but this is pathetic at this point.

Its time to boss up.

He's got time to beg Disney, Apple, and Facebook for help...what about looking in the mirror?

Even Kim K is more solo than he is.

He wanted this lifestyle, didn't he?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Rihanna has a brand under LVMH who owns multiple fashion brands and I seriously doubt she owns any of the supply chain. Its literally no different from what Kanye or Jordan are doing.

Stop getting financial advice from rappers. Owning things is not always wise, especially in retail businesses where the value can shyt the bed overnight. The ideal position is to get a significant portion of the profits without having to take the baths.
i haven't read the articles, so i don't know what all he has taken on, but if he's also leasing out/licensing the mfg facilities to other brands, it's not bad to own it at all. pretty much every mom and pop/independent brand leases mfg facilities from bigger brands or mfg corps. if he does it wisely, breh is actually diversifying his investments and breaking into a part of the business that has no representation from us

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
what are we brushing off?

the fact that his resale market is worth more than his Original value of his items?

thats a total L, IMO.

Because if he was really into luxury, he'd avoid having that issue and leaving all that black market money on the table.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i haven't read the articles, so i don't know what all he has taken on, but if he's also leasing out/licensing the mfg facilities to other brands, it's not bad to own it at all. pretty much every mom and pop/independent brand leases mfg facilities from bigger brands or mfg corps. if he does it wisely, breh is actually diversifying his investments and breaking into a part of the business that has no representation from us

Its depends on who you talking about. Nike for example gets their products from China sweat shops where they pay the workers pennies. Thats going to be the cheapest way to bring a product to market 9 times out of 10. Most smaller independent brands get their stuff from them as well.

The higher end houses get their stuff from smaller shops in places like Italy or France where you have to pay the workers alot more and have to discard alot more product for quality standards. There's not a crazy amount of money to be made unless you are making/moving hella product, even with the ridiculous markup that those big names charge.

I don't see a rapper being able to compete with China's lack of labor laws and I don't think's there's any money in building a higher end shop.

I wouldn't get in that business at all but that's just me. We need more black people in VC and overall banking and financing. Insurance. That's where there's money to be made and it would better empower the community.

The biggest obstacle black people face is that initial loan to get on their feet, not manufacturing.

Last edited: