KD says titles no longer drive him

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Seem pretty consistent with what he's said the entire time in BK. He doesn't care about being the best in the world etc, only wants to be the best version of himself. Kyrie's said the same things.

I guess it can be splitting hairs when wanting to be your best self just also happens to be the best player on the plant, but that's only because of who he is as a player rather than a target he set for himself.

So in other words he's saying "I'm just here to ball to the best of my ability, y'all can take care of the hot takes about who's the best ever." What's wrong with that?

How can you be the best of yourself when you seek out players to cover up your deficiencies as a baller (passing, being a leader, making your teammates better). Wouldn’t you want to work on those deficiencies and improve your all around game? Just doesn’t make sense to me. Especially as a guy who wanted to be viewed as numero uno in the league not 2.

I played myself thinking KD wanted to prove something in Brooklyn that he couldn’t in Oakland. But I was flat out wrong. The more things change, the more some things remain the same.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Did Kyrie not put in work for your team on route to a championship? I remember him playing hurt and playing his heart out. Yet here you are dumping on him

Kyrie out played steph when it mattered most. A ring with the Nets now with Harden could never eclipse that achievement of beating that 73-9 juggernaut.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This nikka has never not played on a stacked team. Fraudantula will never be seen as top 10 player all time, all because he didn't have the patience and fortitude to organically win as a true alpha. Him and Kyrie deserve each other. At least Harden put in work for 5 years trying to do it the right way
rockets had the highest pay roll in the league :gucci: