“Keith Lee Effect:” The Food Critic Breathing New Life Into Black Restaurants! | America In Black

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good video.
I didn't even know who this guy was until the coli made threads about him. Had no idea he was an MMA fighter either.
I was pretty ignorant to his phenomenon. Pretty cool how he's impacting these restaurant owners.

:ehh:

Edit - he also has a beautiful family

Chief

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jozi
I had an experience so bad at a black owned restaurant a few weeks ago that I don’t care to support them anymore
I hope you are talking about not supporting that restaurant and not black restaurants in general

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I hope you are talking about not supporting that restaurant and not black restaurants in general
I support the ones im familiar with

But that experience was so bad it put things into perspective for me

Customer service in our community is way too bad and not taken seriously

Never in my life have I ever been disrespected like that, and Ive been in literal sundown towns …

invalid

Banned
Daps
This DOES make me wonder, how traditional Black Food Critics feel tho :patrice:

Traditional black food critics are more likely like their white counterparts, reviewing the more high profile restaurants of formally trained professional chefs and are reviewing on behalf of some organization or publication that has a targeted audience.

Lee's core audience is not exactly the audience that these organizations and publications target and the corpus of the type of restaurants he reviews are typically ran by, for the most part, informally trained chefs off the radar of professional food critics (whether decidedly or undecidedly).

So Lee has his own lane.

He's not reviewing the higher caliber restaurants that professional critics cover. For instance, he didn't review Tatiana when he was in NYC, which has been named one of the best new restaurants in the city. It's black chef and owner has received all sorts of acclaims and awards but since there is over a month long reservation list to even get into Tatiana (unless you're a professional critic) it's probably not even easily accessible to Lee's target audience or to Lee himself.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Traditional black food critics are more likely like their white counterparts, reviewing the more high profile restaurants of formally trained professional chefs and are reviewing on behalf of some organization or publication that has a targeted audience.

Lee's core audience is not exactly the audience that these organizations and publications target and the corpus of the type of restaurants he reviews are typically ran by, for the most part, informally trained chefs off the radar of professional food critics (whether decidedly or undecidedly).

So Lee has his own lane.

He's not reviewing the higher caliber restaurants that professional critics cover. For instance, he didn't review Tatiana when he was in NYC, which has been named one of the best new restaurants in the city. It's black chef and owner has received all sorts of acclaims and awards but since there is over a month long reservation list to even get into Tatiana (unless you're a professional critic) it's probably not even accessible to Lee's target audience.
Watch American Fiction breh lol