Kendrick has an argument to be in the GOAT convo

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Personally, he’s not MY GOAT (that would be Pac). I’m older, so Kendrick wouldn’t even be in my top 5. However, when you look at the qualifications objectively, he has the following:
  • Commercial success
  • Critical acclaim
  • At least two classics
  • Discography
  • Versatility
  • Consistency
  • Lyrical ability
  • Flow
  • Impactful
  • Longevity
  • Victorious in a high profile rap battle
It seems like when people discredit him, it has to do with his voice (the voice changes) or that he doesn’t have “bars/punchlines.” I can name a bunch of great rappers who weren’t focused on bars or didn’t have the best voice.

Last edited:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Used to be my goat till around 2017. Started listening to more rappers. Still held him in high regard but this beef has changed my prospective again

Registering to his catalogue and last week's drops has made it hard to deny. He's the goat :wow:

Most thorough discog of any solo act:banderas:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The most critically acclaimed rapper of his generation just destroyed #2 and #3 on the Power Rankings. He's on a great trajectory to be on the Rushmore of rap.

Too bad Nas is still dropping fire albums ... cant catchup to the GOAT haha:umad:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
The most critically acclaimed rapper of his generation just destroyed #2 and #3 on the Power Rankings. He's on a great trajectory to be on the Rushmore of rap.

Too bad Nas is still dropping fire albums ... cant catchup to the GOAT haha:umad:
I hope dot has many more years worth of albums to come. I could see him being like nas and still releasing albums in his 40s

I feel like he may even make a non-rap album at some point

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Instead of laughing, I wanna know why he isn’t in the convo. I made this post for debate purposes.

catalog would probably be the biggest argument. i'm sure the counter argument to that will be "what about biggie" but ready to die & life after death are both GOAT level projects. GKMC is kenny's best album & a certified classic imo, but i wouldn't put it in the GOAT album convo. TPAB is another classic but everything after that is extremely arguable. mr morale shouldn't be in the convo at all (only super kenny stans would argue different).