A Written Testimony

Nas got more than 5
Illmatic
I AM
Stillmatic
God Son
Lost Tapes
Life is Good
shyt pick your favorite albums out of the KD/Magic series.

Now he has the potential to do this but…. They’ve done it. There are levels to everything
A Written Testimony isn't Jay's to count, and a classic is too strong.

I Am gets dragged a bit too much but is not a classic. You left off It Was Written...
Yea, before this battle I actually had Cole above him on a lyrical tip. I thought Cole was gonna win the head up between them. Now I clearly see Dot spared that nikka lol.

I dunno if Cole can ever redeem himself. Right now I think he can NEVER be considered a GOAT. Kendrick was ready to put everything on the line and showed out on the biggest stage against one of the biggest pop HipHop artist ever.
Lyrically Cole could've given him a hard time. But as I said to someone else, this wasn't about "king of rap" shìt.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
He has like one project that is universally considered around 3/5. Everything else is at minimum a 4/5 or higher.

Now, he has some of the best diss records ever. Hard to argue against him being top 5.. He has a bulletproof resume.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being an outlier is just the byproduct, and the weaker era is not within his control.

The game changed and lyrical ability/technical skill/MC integrity is no longer the priority. Labels watered it down, but social media and fan choice supercharged the image/lifestyle of rap completely cannibalizing the craft of rapping.

If anything Kendrick should be seen as the last of a dead breed, which would help folks understand that he'd be just fine if he was born in 72 instead of 87. He's a student of the game, a master at artistic narrative and picture painting, and elite album curator.

Not real life but this is like assuming Luke Skywalker couldn't compare to old Jedi/Sith if he was born in that era.

To use real life, if Ice Cube is considered an elite rapper and GOAT contender by many/most, there's no reason to believe Kendrick couldn't deal with the 90s.

Problem with your theory is that there were alot of those back in the 90s. You cant just assume Kendrick wouldve been one of the ones lucky enough to be picked out among the many. Especially when bar wise,is he really up there with lyricist of that era:comeon:?

Now if hes going to be presented to us as a artist who Dr Dre discovered,and is Dres new protege? Of course that increases his chances/luck of being acknowledged and standing out. It obviously helped him in 2012:sas1:

I think your catching my drift here. You want to jump to the conclusion Kendrick wouldve shined through in the 90s among the goats. When he didnt even shine through organically in the 2010's:hubie:

This still doesnt make you wrong neccessarily. Im not saying he couldnt have POSSIBLY shined among diamonds in the right situation in the 90s. He does have the skillset that its possible. But do you understand how many rappers we could make that same assumption for lol? When I think about goats,most of them are self made,and made a label. Kendrick you could argue is a label creation or at least started out that way. And theres no way you will ever be able to prove that Kendrick wouldve blew without a Dre/Eminem cosign. So i dont wanna hear what he wouldve done in the 90s like hes a definite. I know what DMX wouldve done in this era,I know what Pac ,Nas,Jay,Cube,Snoop wouldve did:wow:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You got Jordan whos a freak athlete before his time that couldve thrived in any era. You have Lebron whos a freak athlete,freak of nature who couldve thrived in any era. I just dont see Kendrick as one of those definite ones. That freak of nature/anomoly that would thrive in any era. He couldve thrived,or couldve easily been a back pack rapper in L.A with a modest career. Im not going to say im sure he wouldve been bigger than Rass Kass. I mean Soul On Ice was a great album is it not? And bars wise? Stop it:mjlol:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay Z got 5
RD
Vol 1
Blueprint
Black album
A Written Testimony

Nas got more than 5
Illmatic
I AM
Stillmatic
God Son
Lost Tapes
Life is Good
shyt pick your favorite albums out of the KD/Magic series.

Now he has the potential to do this but…. They’ve done it. There are levels to everything

If you think all those are classic,you cant fault anybody for saying Kendrick got 5 really:mjlol:

Vol 1? I Am(Im going to assume you meant It Was Written, and Gods Son too:comeon:?

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Solidified he’s top 10 and can’t nobody argue me on that. It’s not just taking the W on Drake because most people in the hip hop world wouldn’t be shocked if he won. The fact he turned one of the biggest rap stars into a damn laughing stock, shyted on his brand and did it in so many styles just to show how talented he is. I’ve never seen a battle go down like this in hip hop

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Problem with your theory is that there were alot of those back in the 90s. You cant just assume Kendrick wouldve been one of the ones lucky enough to be picked out among the many. Especially when bar wise,is he really up there with lyricist of that era:comeon:?

Now if hes going to be presented to us as a artist who Dr Dre discovered,and is Dres new protege? Of course that increases his chances/luck of being acknowledged and standing out. It obviously helped him in 2012:sas1:

I think your catching my drift here. You want to jump to the conclusion Kendrick wouldve shined through in the 90s among the goats. When he didnt even shine through organically in the 2010's:hubie:

This still doesnt make you wrong neccessarily. Im not saying he couldnt have POSSIBLY shined among diamonds in the right situation in the 90s. He does have the skillset that its possible. But do you understand how many rappers we could make that same assumption for lol? When I think about goats,most of them are self made,and made a label. Kendrick you could argue is a label creation or at least started out that way. And theres no way you will ever be able to prove that Kendrick wouldve blew without a Dre/Eminem cosign. So i dont wanna hear what he wouldve done in the 90s like hes a definite. I know what DMX wouldve done in this era,I know what Pac ,Nas,Jay,Cube,Snoop wouldve did:wow:
He would simply be one of them. There's no problem with the theory when I'm stating that he's cut from their cloth.

The ability to rap isn't even a premium today...there's a very good argument these 90s greats would be relegated to writing for Aubrey and Kanye.