Kentucky allows public schools to teach Bible classes

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BY AIDA CHAVEZ - 06/29/17 08:51 AM EDT 363
bible_0.jpg

A new Kentucky law going into effect Thursday will allow Bible courses to be taught in public schools.

Gov. Matt Bevin (R) signed the bill Tuesday, NBC News reported, but watchdog groups concerned about church and state separation fear the classes may cross the constitutional line and go from teaching to preaching.

“Right now the language of the bill is very vague and the Kentucky Department of Education has not yet put together a curriculum,” Amber Duke of the Kentucky American Civil Liberties Union said.
“The concern, though, is that you could have a curriculum that is constitutional and could be delivered in a manner that is not constitutional.”

The Bible class is meant to “establish an elective social studies course on the Hebrew Scriptures, Old Testament of the Bible, the New Testament, or a combination of the Hebrew Scriptures and the New Testament of the Bible,” according to the bill.

And it’s meant to “provide to students knowledge of biblical content, characters, poetry, and narratives that are prerequisites to understanding contemporary society and culture.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-allows-public-schools-to-teach-bible-classes

:patrice:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind schools providing religious courses as long as they aren't in lieu of science and other required courses and that they are an elective and not required themselves. :yeshrug:
i do :yeshrug: i cant imagine teachers having enough time to teach every two thousand gods that humans have seen fit to create in their minds

children can learn that filth from their parents at home. unless your premise is that cesare borgia is THE god who should be taught and the others should all be ignored

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I don't mind schools providing religious courses as long as they aren't in lieu of science and other required courses and that they are an elective and not required themselves. :yeshrug:
Americans love compromising on dumb shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
I see nothing wrong with this. We had assemblies every week in which we'd listen to Bible stories and sing songs of praise at my primary school. The Bible is very good for teaching kids about morality.

Meta Reign

I walk the streets like, ''say something, n!gga!''
Daps
Reppin
Franklin ave.
I see nothing wrong with this. We had assemblies every week in which we'd listen to Bible stories and sing songs of praise at my primary school. The Bible is very good for teaching kids about morality.
I agree bro. . . I agree fully. It's just that in these times, the ungodly and immoral use these laws to troll kids. They'll use this to push Satanic Bible classes on kids, just to troll.

There's no safe space for good people in this country anymore.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They will be getting Quaran teaching soon so i guess it doesnt really matter tbh