Kentucky allows public schools to teach Bible classes

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
More like diligence, patience and selflessness.
Funny that, the bible teach a lot of awful things but we will ignore that and focus on the bad. But what about people who don't read the bible and who are not religious, surely that must mean they have no morals

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Funny that, the bible teach a lot of awful things but we will ignore that and focus on the bad. But what about people who don't read the bible and who are not religious, surely that must mean they have no morals

Where did I say that people who don't read the Bible have no morals?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
people are inherently good. they are taught to hate and to dislike others.

the bible, the Koran, any religion etc, just further goes to separate and divide, cause dissention, and causes hate towards others that aren't "like them"

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
People overestimate how much content-based knowledge is retained from k-12 education.

I don't agree with religion in public schools, but it's not a hill worth dying on.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
If it's taught from an anthropological, historical, and litererary perspective and not as an essentially true document I don't see the problem. The Bible has been pretty important in our society,

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
People overestimate how much content-based knowledge is retained from k-12 education.

I don't agree with religion in public schools, but it's not a hill worth dying on.
for many religious folks, of all backgrounds, it's the ONLY hill worth dying on.

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
for many religious folks, of all backgrounds, it's the ONLY hill worth dying on.
They too overestimate how much information their kids are retaining in school.

shyt, if Bible class is like any other class, it will turn kids off to religion more than anything. We've had math classes all along, do we have a nation of mathmaticians?

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
You pretty much implied, why would anyone need the bible to learn morals? Do remote tribes in Africa and South America need to read the bible to know it's wrong to kill their parents? No, It's human instinct. Someone writing it in a book doesn't mean that's where morals comes from.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps

shyt, if Bible class is like any other class, it will turn kids off to religion more than anything. We've had math classes all along, do we have a nation of mathmaticians?
do we stop at the bible then? why not teach other religions?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Where are you prepared to draw the line?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The basics of all religions are taught...in theory, at least.
Probably much better suited for a college environment

In fact that's where I learned a greater understanding of other faiths. I knew of them before, but taking a Religion in America class as well as a Philosophy East and West class opened them up to me in ways that I probably would not have reached on my own because it forced me to interact with people of different backgrounds and hear their perspectives.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Uh, I'll raise you on that call, Hitlerjugend and child soldiers ring any bells?