Kenya Barris, the Swirl-Industrial Complex, and the Desperation for Multiracial Families

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man y'all care toooooo fukking much about this shyt. Y'all nikkas act like you don't see "black love" in your actual lives and looking to tv shows for validation. Must be some new nikka shyt.
I thought it was funny and that the Coli would appreciate it :mjlol:
Consider: the majority of threads aren't made about real issues or express anything beyond a passing familiarity with an idea or concept - this is for entertainment :heh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I thought it was funny and that the Coli would appreciate it :mjlol:
Consider: the majority of threads aren't made about real issues or express anything beyond a passing familiarity with an idea or concept - this is for entertainment :heh:
You're right but that's why dudes be saying I'm "angry" because this entertainment is entertainment for lames/weirdos to me I don't see offline. I guess that's where the problem comes at. Also as much as this is mentioned I start to think it isn't just for the lulz but cats really feeling like this hiding behind "entertainment". That's just me though. Reminds me of the white dudes that say stupid shyt like woke companies hyping up BLM like that shyt ain't for the money. All love though just disagree with a lot of stuff folks call "entertainment" here or online on general.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
All of this revolves around protecting white men's egos. If they have to show IR they for damn sure are going to center themselves. They definitely don't want to promote bm/wf, or present bm as viable mates in any capacity

It’s deeper than that...this is television programming.

They are just realizing what the Moniyhan Report was saying almost 60 years ago:
Black folks aren’t going anywhere, and they’re gonna have to learn how to treat them as Americans,
which is a change in their teachings/processes. Any
change in thinking will take multiple generations to
come to fruition, because it would have to happen as counterculture to all they’ve taught/practiced
culturally since establishment.

It’s more discernible now that their marriage and childbirth rates are down, because they’ve
raised their men and women to hate each other - an unintended side effect of what they did to us.
So now they have present other types of people as viable options to mate/reproduce with so they
can still have a steady stream of citizens/taxpayers/consumers in this country to keep it afloat.

Of course:
A) like you mentioned, they will start this with theirselves in mind as the first to look good here.
B) they have to appeal to women first with this idea, because they drive culture.

So yeah - nothing scripted on TV is put there by accident. There’s a reason it’s called “programming”.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
This is just the current wave that Hollywood has decided to support and cash in on. Most of the content that comes out of the studio system are remakes. They are either official remakes in name, or rehashed plots from previous films.
Casting the film using the current wave, be it IR couples or LGBTQ angle, is just a way for them to put a new package on an old product and sell it to modern audience.
That's all it is.

Bingo.

Everything old gets a remix for what the industry thinks is currently marketable.

0032429336576_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg

91ehtjINN%2BL._SY445_.jpg

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
not really...

She trying to stay in a good place with Hollywood and don’t want to focus on so much all black this and all black that..

it’s bad enough Hollywood always have mix couples from movies/TVs and even down to commercials but as a black person who made it with black Ish, you could easily keep focusing on our struggle

but:manny: I guess when Hollywood says they want to go in another direction u have to decide what’s best for your career

Dude race mixing is an old issue at this point it’s all about money. The new agenda is going to be transgender shyt.