Kenya Barris, the Swirl-Industrial Complex, and the Desperation for Multiracial Families

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is just the current wave that Hollywood has decided to support and cash in on. Most of the content that comes out of the studio system are remakes. They are either official remakes in name, or rehashed plots from previous films.
Casting the film using the current wave, be it IR couples or LGBTQ angle, is just a way for them to put a new package on an old product and sell it to modern audience.
That's all it is.

Pretty much..

If people are overly influenced by media to the point it's factoring into peoples own personal decisions. That would be a family structure issue, and not Hollywood.. These people are chasing a bag, just like anyone else in the country..

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
The only fool is you. This shyt is about $$$$ and being on the "right" side of history period. All that other stuff is Internet bubble talk.
Judging by your comment you clearly don't understand what I said and what it means in the context of this conversation. You are too stupid to understand so argue with yourself, I guess.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Bingo.

Everything old gets a remix for what the industry thinks is currently marketable.

0032429336576_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg

91ehtjINN%2BL._SY445_.jpg
Good example. I believe the success of The Best Man film sparked a revival of Black themed films for that era. So a Black cast remake of the Honeymooners made sense(cents) and dollars for the studio then.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Judging by your comment you clearly don't understand what I said and what it means in the context of this conversation. You are too stupid to understand so argue with yourself, I guess.
It means jack shyt in the context of this conversation. You're not smart but I guess you dudes need to front like you are online. You're sooo smart how has it manifested itself offline? You out here $$$ up or something? Show us the proof of being as smart as you think you are on dumb shyt is producing results offline. Another broke boy fronting stop it slime.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Pretty much..

If people are overly influenced by media to the point it's factoring into peoples own personal decisions. That would be a family structure issue, and not Hollywood.. These people are chasing a bag, just like anyone else in the country..
At least some of y'all get it and aren't stupid like some of,these cats. Online its a bunch of dumb folks of all races thinking this shyt is more complicated than $$$$. You think these dudes wouldn't do all black everything if it made crazy $$$$ for them? Lol

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Once again blaming a black man for something that was popularized and promoted by Shonda Rhimes.

Posters like you are the make equivalent of lipstick alley, always trying to deflect and start black men/women tension.

They’re both as bad as each other and people were blaming both actually.

Eclipser

All Star
Daps
It means jack shyt in the context of this conversation. You're not smart but I guess you dudes need to front like you are online. You're sooo smart how has it manifested itself offline? You out here $$$ up or something? Show us the proof of being as smart as you think you are on dumb shyt is producing results offline. Another broke boy fronting stop it slime.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Isn't Zach Braff from South Orange, NJ?

The South Orange, Maplewood and Montclair area in Essex County is like the interracial marriage zone in the northeast. You'd expect to see a Gabby Union/Zach Braff couple there at back-to-school night.

I think he attended Columbia HS with Lauryn Hill. They are all about diversity promotion at CHS.

best_4c4022c158bad1dbc068_CHS_cheerleaders.jpg

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't Zach Braff from South Orange, NJ?

The South Orange, Maplewood and Montclair area in Essex County is like the interracial marriage zone in the northeast. You'd expect to see a Gabby Union/Zach Braff couple there at back-to-school night.

I think he attended Columbia HS with Lauryn Hill. They are all about diversity promotion at CHS.

best_4c4022c158bad1dbc068_CHS_cheerleaders.jpg
That's true. SO/Maplewood is an interesting melting pot, at least middle school and high school was. I grew up there and left Columbia my beginning of junior year.