Kidnap (Taken ripoff) - Halle Berry as Liam Neeson

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
[
This looks fun. ROFL@ anyone dissing this movie by trying paint Taken as a gold standard flick.

Look "Taken" and "Taken 2" were not that bad. But no they aren't works of art. But they do work as a solid thrillers. And you have to admit, the "Phone Call" Scene is Classic,lol. "Taken 2" rashed the first movie but had some moments. "Taken 3" was a mess. But you have to give Liam props for showing how aged Action Stars doing it ala Harrison Ford and now Denzel recently with "The Equalizer".

These guys are in there 60's. The problem is Liam went to make several more action films essentially playing the Taken Character over and over again. That's how much impact that role had. As for Halle in this film, going in it started a little cheesy with how she lost him in the theme park but got really intense once she started driving. Like she litterally going to track them down with no phone. It's an interesting premise actually.

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also yes it kinda looked like her last flick "The Call" in style. She's in an interesting part of her career. He's in her 50's now and you know how they treat older woman in Hollywood. Some break through others don't. Halle has her Oscars, Emmy, Globes and all the awards and Hits. She really has nothing left to prove considering she's had a Legendary Career when you think about it.

• Dap
Reactions: flo

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
[

Look "Taken" and "Taken 2" were not that bad. But no they aren't works of art. But they do work as a solid thrillers. And you have to admit, the "Phone Call" Scene is Classic,lol. "Taken 2" rashed the first movie but had some moments. "Taken 3" was a mess. But you have to give Liam props for showing how aged Action Stars doing it ala Harrison Ford and now Denzel recently with "The Equalizer".

These guys are in there 60's. The problem is Liam went to make several more action films essentially playing the Taken Character over and over again. That's how much impact that role had. As for Halle in this film, going in it started a little cheesy with how she lost him in the theme park but got really intense once she started driving. Like she litterally going to track them down with no phone. It's an interesting premise actually.
The OG Taken is a dope action flick. The R rated version that was never released was even better and it's a shame it got cut down to what it ended up being but still a good movie.

Part 2 was pure shyt. As was part 3.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Ain't no 50 year old white women being cast as mothers of 10 year olds. Halle's looks have fallen off for a black womam but she's still kicking white women's ass.

Asian women aren't allowed to have kids. Sex toys for cacs, or bust.

I wish Halle could act.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i actually saw that as a matinee :francis:..i still felt i wasted money

I feel dumb as hell,i saw the trailer for this movie and thought to myself "i saw a trailer for this a long time ago,this shyt aint came out yet:dahell:"

But its actually a whole nother movie that looks as horrible as that movie,with a similar plot:mindblown:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I agree her best movie was losing Isaiah and I disagree she is one the worst successful actresses we've ever come to know
i could name plenty much worse than her. halle simply isn't a strong screen presence IMO, that's why a lot of the films where she's too central a character are just meh...she's never distractingly bad, but she's rarely captivating either.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Name some and we'll probably agree
paula patton
gabrielle union
rooney mara's sister...i forget her name
kristen stewart (generally, tho she's had a couple roles she's done decent in)
megan fox
megan good (outside of eve's bayou)
tamala jones
sanaa can be one-dimensional at times, her and gabby suffer from using the same facial expressions and "emotions" in most their roles

and some others....i'm at work, don't feel like continuing