Kid's shouldn't be playing Football

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He will probably have a learning disability.

He won't be OK

Or violence / impulse control issues.

Nobody should be playing football if we gone be completely honest

I played through college and I would never sign up any of my children for it. It's been 20 years and still impacts my life every day.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
CTE_World_logo.png

Jerz

All Star
Daps
If my kid play football. He only playing safety - so he line em up and deliver the hits

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
My brother and I played soccer from age 6 through high school. Around age ten my hood cousins asked me …. Wtf is soccer? 🤨. When I told them they 🤣.

My uncle ( their dad ) played semi pro football. My cousins of course played football. I knew about football but never thought about playing for a team. So I asked my mom n dad. They both flat out refused. Told me their sons were not going to be crash dummies

Seen some nasty injuries playing soccer. My brother did a slide tackle on a cac. Heard the kids ankle snap a half a field away. 😵‍💫. But those head injuries you see in football did not exist.

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
My brother and I played soccer from age 6 through high school. Around age ten my hood cousins asked me …. Wtf is soccer? 🤨. When I told them they 🤣.

My uncle ( their dad ) played semi pro football. My cousins of course played football. I knew about football but never thought about playing for a team. So I asked my mom n dad. They both flat out refused. Told me their sons were not going to be crash dummies

Seen some nasty injuries playing soccer. My brother did a slide tackle on a cac. Heard the kids ankle snap a half a field away. 😵‍💫. But those head injuries you see in football did not exist.

Having played mid filder (futbol)!you right.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Just think

The MILLIONS of kids and teenagers who are on a football team hoping to make it to the Pros, and end up never making it

All that brain trauma for nothing :francis:

Breh, A LOT of folks play for 10+ years and don’t even get a D3 or JUCO look. That has to be rough as hell.

The brehs who get scholarships at least got that degree but the rest just did that for a decade and got nothing but some pictures out of it fr

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Pee wee football should only focus on teaching kids the game so that by the time they're 8th or 9th graders, O linemen completely understand blocking schemes, QBs know how to read a defense and pass the ball properly, RBs understand how to utilize their blocking and learn how to block, WRs know how to read a coverage and find the open areas, DL understand all the moves in their toolbox and how / when to use them, LBs can read blocking schemes and how to drop properly in coverage, the entire front 7 understands how to adjust to moving gaps, and DBs can understand pattern combos and how to run each coverage properly.

It should be about nothing more than teaching the kids the athletic maneuvers they need, the proper form for each physical situation (blocking / tackling/ warding off defenders) and maximizing their on-field IQ.

Aside from the violence aspect, too many of these youth coaches are trying to be the next Lombardi or Walsh and will happily sacrifice teaching the game and developing players for the sake of wins that nobody aside from the die-hards in their little one-horse towns give a damn about. Once they get to 13 / 14 they can hit the ground running and now you can go full contact knowing that they've spent the last few years perfecting their form and awareness to maximize the players' safety. And once the contact is live, a good number will weed themselves out because the ramped up hitting is just too much for them to endure.

Of course being the dumb ass species that we are that loves to hold on to traditions, this will probably never happen in our lifetimes. And can you imagine the response from the parents who've been waiting for the day to live vicariously through their little ones getting beating and battered on the gridiron that no one cares about?

Also, any adult that sees a child get laid out and decides to have a jolly good laugh about it needs to grow the fukk up. Doubly so if you did play the game and understand the rigors and pain that goes hand-in-hand with stepping in between those white lines.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Or violence / impulse control issues.

I played through college and I would never sign up any of my children for it. It's been 20 years and still impacts my life every day.
You think you got CTE?