Kid's shouldn't be playing Football

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Probably flag football at a young age, or more Stop-the motion, 2-hand touch, then rough touch...until they become teenagers. This would allow them to teach more fundamentals. The problem is that if you do it that way, they'd get mauled by the time they become teenagers.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Nah THOSE kids should not be playing football. It ain’t for everybody.

Toussaint

Struggle, challenge, and rise to struggle again
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What’s funny is getting a brain injury or any injury during a game and being afraid to come out because the coach would call you a p*ssy and sit you the next game or you’d lose your spot entirely

Remember playing a whole series on defense and lights going out and waking up and we had the ball and I had to run a route and catch a pass :mjlol:

QB like “Ant you good?” :skip:

“HelL yeah let Bobbie spin
5LgomSp.png

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've asked a few college coaches and they say kids shouldn't start playing tackle football until 12 or 13. What makes it worse is you got guys who don't know football fundamentals teaching 5 years old poor technique

The Ivy League doesn't even tackle in practice, why should 7 year olds who cant control their bodies or manuever with all that equipment play?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Or violence / impulse control issues.

I played through college and I would never sign up any of my children for it. It's been 20 years and still impacts my life every day.
Im suddenly limping this morning from a pain in my lower back that happened at practice 25 years ago. We are in shells and Im pass protecting and this 6’6 clown decides to go lower than my 5’9 ass so I go lower than him and cut him down. He bytches to the coach who gets on me. Im like “aite….bet!!”:demonic:

Niqqa….the devil was fired up in me. Next play on pass protect….the top of helmet and all 210 pounds of me shot upward into the side of his helmet cracking the corner of his facemask. Everyone stopped what they were doing to yell “OHHHHH shyt!!” I had dude stumbling off staggering. Everyone is dapping me up but I realized I had trouble moving my right arm and the bottom of my back was hurting. I shook that shyt off and life returned to my arm. My back? It flares up every now and then. I havent slept on my back since or I wake up stiff.

I wont lie. I miss dispensing violence. That shyt felt good. But I still to this day am learning to not immediately react in the face of aggression with aggression because thats how my Texas born coach raised me.

I say all this to say that I told my son 12 y/o this is his last year playing football because it was a need for me coming up but a want for him. I made it clear to him that he isnt me in terms of talent either and Im not pressuring him to ever be me because he cant. Told him none of his teammates cant. Just be happy and know you have so many options available because if you arent super nice, youre just a crash test dummy for someone else on their road to a scholarship.

He gets it. But I also have gone al out to train him with this being his last year.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
My two boys played flag football for the first time last year...

I love what football teaches you as a metaphor for life but no way will they play tackle football

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
How you different now? Memory loss problems?
Im not as rapid fire responsive with my words. I used to have a quick thinking answer for everything but that started to dissipate. I used to be Family Feud ready but now, I wouldn’t want to be on that show because I need to take time to think shyt out rather than answers being readily available at the tip of my tongue. I had an ex who gave me a strategy to battle this telling me to talk slower so it gives me a chance to think as i talk through things. Thats worked for me the past 20 years but Im nowhere near the quick witted person I was.