Kid's shouldn't be playing Football

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Im not as rapid fire responsive with my words. I used to have a quick thinking answer for everything but that started to dissipate. I used to be Family Feud ready but now, I wouldn’t want to be on that show because I need to take time to think shyt out rather than answers being readily available at the tip of my tongue. I had an ex who gave me a strategy to battle this telling me to talk slower so it gives me a chance to think as i talk through things. Thats worked for me the past 20 years but Im nowhere near the quick witted person I was.
This is some fukked up shyt

Hold ya head dawg

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have a son who'll be 2 in October. He won't be playing football.

Growing up, I was in organized sports since I was 4 or 5. I played baseball and basketball since then all through HS and baseball in college.
I have no sentimental connection to football.

In Jr High, we used to play tag football during gym class. I used to watch it on TV and play the video games... So from there I understood formations and the basics around the game. I used to either play QB or WR and would just be styling. My hand eye coordination was nice from years of playing baseball and basketball. I had hands so I could catch the ball with ease. I remember precisely the moment in time where I was like... "Football isn't for me, I'm good"

I was in 8th grade, me and some neighborhood kids all went up to the local park and decided to play a pick up tackle football game. We picked teams, there were some kids who were in HS playing with us... This one kid was a beast and had been playing tackle football for years and was on the HS team.

I remember scrambling, trying to be cool and make a play and this nikka crushed me. We out there with no pads, this dude kneed me in the nuts during the hit too. After that, I was like yeah, I'm definitely not playing this shyt.

:hubie:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah I read that he’s having problems remembering stuff.

He’s 68 years old now :mjcry:
Besides that, the physical pain these dudes are in by the time these guys turn 50 is ridiculous. Their bodies are falling apart.

Think about Deion losing his toes. If I'm one of his players I'd have to rethink my choices.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Besides that, the physical pain these dudes are in by the time these guys turn 50 is ridiculous. Their bodies are falling apart.

Think about Deion losing his toes. If I'm one of his players I'd have to rethink my choices.
Warren Sapp was saying some scary shyt too

He can’t remember things now he has to write everything down so he doesn’t make a mistake and forget important stuff

We didn’t know..

Football is so barbaric you getting into car crash on every play

I read all the stories about the former players

George Rogers says his whole body is fukked up..

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Warren Sapp was saying some scary shyt too

He can’t remember things now he has to write everything down so he doesn’t make a mistake and forget important stuff

We didn’t know..

Football is so barbaric you getting into car crash on every play

I read all the stories about the former players

George Rogers says his whole body is fukked up..

Earl Campbell is the one that really has me :to:

Booker Carver

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I played football at the D1 level and a short (very short) time at the next level. My neck hurts and my back hurts everyday. Now, I’m much fatter than I was 17 years ago but the neck and back pain have been there since high school. I’ve said that I don’t think kids should be playing tackle football until their older, maybe 10th grade. Too many coaches don’t know what they’re talking about. Kids don’t know how to run, don’t know how to fall, don’t know how to use their bodies properly. My son was supposed to start 7th grade football yesterday but I had to tell the wife that I’m uncomfortable with it because of the injuries, because of the trauma that can come from it. He didn’t want to play anyway. Chances are he would be fine, but injuries and crazy things can happen when you’re running full speed into another person and use your head as a battering ram.