Killer Mike Kicks Knowledge at The Breakfast Club

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Can't wait to listen. It's good to see some people who actually have something to SAY get on the show. Always amazes me at just how vapid so much "black media" is these days. There's so much focus on celebrity culture - and more recently the trend of treating reality "stars" like celebrities. I liked seeing Saul Williams on the show a few weeks ago, you could tell he was ready for battle. And Killer Mike is always good, even if I disagree with some of his views.

We need to stop only putting athletes, rappers, singers, and VH1 "stars" on a pedestal. One of the biggest scientists in the world right now is a black man, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and I constantly see him getting interviewed by traditional white media...but little attention from black sites, mags, etc. Despite him having some interesting things to say about race.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
what happend
His moms was a Queen Pin. She owned a floral shop in ATL and used to do flowers for middle class and upper class white women. Well they eventually started asking her if she knew where they could score some coke. She took that opportunity and ran with it. He recanted a story of him sitting on the bed with her helping her count her money and it was 100k. She was arrested for trying to buy 20kis :wow: but his stepfather took the fall

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Real shyt Mike one of the only celebrities that will talk that real. He ain't funded by these Jews entirely so he has nothing to lose. :manny:

If y'all haven't go cop RAP music.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
:what::shaq2: @ Charlemagne, guy is so short sighted. Trying to compare state sponsored police violence with some dumb hoodlums killing each other.

Guy needs to crack open a book, ignorant :smh:
How is it short-sighted? In the long run the causes of why cats in Chicago are shooting each other is a lot more devastating to our community than police brutality.
Police brutality is important but the social issues behind why our youth are killing each other is something that not only keeps nearly a million brother locked up but also takes thousands of lives per year.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
How is it short-sighted? In the long run the causes of why cats in Chicago are shooting each other is a lot more devastating to our community than police brutality.
Police brutality is important but the social issues behind why our youth are killing each other is something that not only keeps nearly a million brother locked up but also takes thousands of lives per year.

Because it's an entirely separate issue, like with what Yee and Mike both said.

In this context, it's nothing more than a deflection. Talking about due process etc and he went off on a tangent about black on black crime :what:. Mike expressly didn't want to make it a black only issue, he wanted to talk about American policing and constitutional abuses of power. The Breakfast Club staff were bringing it towards race. Seen this tactic from white supremacists all day long talking about this case. Police brutality left and right, corrupt administration but then someone brings it around to how all of it is lowkey justified because of black on black crime? okay :russ: