☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
How is it short-sighted? In the long run the causes of why cats in Chicago are shooting each other is a lot more devastating to our community than police brutality.
Police brutality is important but the social issues behind why our youth are killing each other is something that not only keeps nearly a million brother locked up but also takes thousands of lives per year.
and people who break the law are prosecuted as they should be, what about these cops?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Because it's an entirely separate issue, like with what Yee and Mike both said.

In this context, it's nothing more than a deflection. Talking about due process etc and he went off on a tangent about black on black crime :what:. Mike expressly didn't want to make it a black only issue, he wanted to talk about American policing and constitutional abuses of power. The Breakfast Club staff were bringing it towards race. Seen this tactic from white supremacists all day long talking about this case. Police brutality left and right, corrupt administration but then someone brings it around to how all of it is lowkey justified because of black on black crime? okay :russ:
I'm not saying that it's right of Charlamagne to deflect from the current debate, I'm saying that its not shortsighted.
It's wrong of him to do it but I guess as an interviewer, it might be good so that Killer Mike can explain why it's wrong, why its different aspects of the problems in the community etc.

How good is an interview about an issue which is based on opinions from different "camps" in which the interviewer completely agrees? At least ctg is following the debate unlike the other two couldn't-give-a-fukk cats in the studio.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I'm not saying that it's right of Charlamagne to deflect from the current debate, I'm saying that its not shortsighted.
It's wrong of him to do it but I guess as an interviewer, it might be good so that Killer Mike can explain why it's wrong, why its different aspects of the problems in the community etc.

How good is an interview about an issue which is based on opinions from different "camps" in which the interviewer completely agrees? At least ctg is following the debate unlike the other two couldn't-give-a-fukk cats in the studio.
Breh, there is a difference between an INTERVIEW and a DEBATE. This was an interview.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Because it's an entirely separate issue, like with what Yee and Mike both said.

In this context, it's nothing more than a deflection. Talking about due process etc and he went off on a tangent about black on black crime :what:. Mike expressly didn't want to make it a black only issue, he wanted to talk about American policing and constitutional abuses of power. The Breakfast Club staff were bringing it towards race. Seen this tactic from white supremacists all day long talking about this case. Police brutality left and right, corrupt administration but then someone brings it around to how all of it is lowkey justified because of black on black crime? okay :russ:

When are we going to address black on black crime?
Dudes will spend all day talking about the cops but not the people doing the majority of the killing.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
It's wrong of him to do it but I guess but as an interviewer, it might be good so that Killer Mike can explain why it's wrong.
Mike was right about the difference between the two. Police are meant to be our guardians. They're the way the first line of enforcing the social contract amongst the people. They should be held to much, much higher standards than the average citizen, yet like @Napoleon said they are subject to a completely different, lax set of rules for the same crimes, especially if they are white.

I guess you could say Charlemagne could be simply provoking things for the sake of discussion, but on some level i think he's kind of a reliably pro-establishment type guy.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Breh, there is a difference between an INTERVIEW and a DEBATE. This was an interview.
I'm saying that he's following the debate, the debate about the situation.
I didn't say that this was a debate.

He's supposed to ask questions, raise points from different angles, challenge the person he's interviewing and on.
Those interviews are the best interviews, and Killer Mike is smart enough and a good enough speaker to be able to handle them. In fact I think he enjoys them more than interviews styled like "Jay-z at Angie Martinez on hot97". Or Dame Dash's personal interviewers "interviews".

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Mike was right about the difference between the two. Police are meant to be our guardians. They're the way the first line of enforcing the social contract amongst the people. They should be held to much, much higher standards than the average citizen, yet like @Napoleon said they are subject to a completely different, lax set of rules for the same crimes, especially if they are white.

I guess you could say Charlemagne could be simply provoking things for the sake of discussion, but on some level i think he's kind of a reliably pro-establishment type guy.
Charlamagne pro-establishment?

I've followed cat fot a long time and that's the last thing he is, the establishment in this case is to prosecute the police before trial. (An interesting thing how racism works, cause are usually the ones on the other side of the stance and the "establishment" are then all for the guilty until proven innocent). Even the white house sent high ranking people to the funeral. I think that he's just tackling it from different angles to give the listeners an interesting interview, more than a speech from Killer Mike.

It's like people who are hating on the ALS thing

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Im loving this media run he has been on for the past couple weeks. He's gonna be on Tariq next.

yes one thing that we should remember from the mike brown situation are the artist/entertainers who actually cared and got involved, I'm buying his and Talib discography after I donate to the mb funds

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
How many young black men have been killed in your city this summer compared to young white men in your city?
We don't do shyt about black on black violence. If mike brown was killed by another black man and his family asked the hood what happen most would not say shyt.
Why are you still deflecting?

I live a couple miles from the city of Ferguson, what does black on black crime specifically have to do with the cops murdering a kid in cold blood, breaking up peaceful protests, not allowing american citizens the right to assemble, violating free speech by blocking journalists and threatening them with arrests and violence, excessive violence against non-threatening targets by police, and state mediated destruction of property?

You gonna keep going, or are you going to throw some more chicken shyt Fox News cac deflection tactics my way?

jxSt6Fq0oY9tL.png