Konnan: "WWE Manipulated CM Punk’s Merchandise" So That He Never Outsold John Cena

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
On a recent edition of MLW Radio, Konnan discussed WWE's merchandise practices, and accused WWE of manipulating merchandise sales so that CM Punk never outsold John Cena. Here is what he has to say on the show…

When CM Punk was red hot and started to outsell the John Cena merchandise, I know people that work in the company in the merchandise department, I know people that work the arenas and sell the merchandise, and I can tell you exactly what WWE did: as soon as John Cena started getting outsold by CM Punk, they made 3 additional John Cena designs, they refused to make a second CM Punk design and they started undershipping the CM Punk design on purpose. For every CM Punk shirt they would ship to the arena, they would triple John Cena shirts and they would do 3 John Cena designs. So every 10 shirts in the arena, if 9 are Cena, only one is Punk. Punk is going to sell out right away because they didn’t send enough and at the end of the night they’re going “Oh John Cena quadrupled Punk’s merchandise.” Of course he did! Because you’ve purposely created a situation where it would be impossible for CM Punk to outsell John Cena.

We’ve told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It’s Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think court Bauer said that actually on the podcast but yeah im sure that's what they did .same way we didn't hear shyt about punk doing make a wishes during his face run

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I think Road Dogg said something similar at one point. That at one point DX was moving more merchandise than anyone else and he still couldn't get a push so to appease him they tossed him the hardcore championship.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I think Road Dogg said something similar at one point. That at one point DX was moving more merchandise than anyone else and he still couldn't get a push so to appease him they tossed him the hardcore championship.
yeah i'm gonna push the effin ROAD DOGG over AUSTIN, ROCK, or UNDERTAKER :camby:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

LOL...you think a guy as unpopular as Cena is selling real merchandise numbers? It's because he has endless variations and no one else does. That's common sense. This has been spoken on for the last 6 years.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Road Dogg is full of str8 up bull$hit...he's always telling stories to put himself over. That's all he and Nash does.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We’ve told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It’s Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want.

#ETHER2015

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Not over them, but they tried to push BA billy gunn to their level when that should have been road dogg
why?

neither were legit main eventers and road dogg would've failed worse...road dogg's ceiling was that of hardcore champ and / or unconvincing IC champ. Billy gunn's ceiling was that of okay IC champ and straight garbage main eventer [and he didn't even get there]

neither belonged at the top of the card. Not with Austin, Rock, Angle, Taker, Kane, Mankind, HHH all alive. hell, BRADSHAW proved over the years he was a better choice than billy or road dogg.

And plus

:ufdup: SYXX was more over than BOTH OF THEM in WCW AND in WWF

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
why?

neither were legit main eventers and road dogg would've failed worse...road dogg's ceiling was that of hardcore champ and / or unconvincing IC champ. Billy gunn's ceiling was that of okay IC champ and straight garbage main eventer [and he didn't even get there]

neither belonged at the top of the card. Not with Austin, Rock, Angle, Taker, Kane, Mankind, HHH all alive. hell, BRADSHAW proved over the years he was a better choice than billy or road dogg.

And plus

:ufdup: SYXX was more over than BOTH OF THEM in WCW AND in WWF
Agree with all but except we don't know how he would have done or what his ceiling was. Nobody bought JBL until he was deep into his title run and made by Eddie & Taker

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
yeah i'm gonna push the effin ROAD DOGG over AUSTIN, ROCK, or UNDERTAKER :camby:
I get your point. But he was moving more merch than Austin, Rock, and Taker at the time though. And New Age Outlaws was outselling Triple H even within DX.
:manny:

And if you didn't know...

:sas1:

"Yo azz better call somebodddddddeeeeeee!"

Daps
21iDkGd.gif