KYRIE FOR KRISTAPS? WHO SAYS NO?

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
ok so word is cavs want this trade. Knicks "reportedly" aren't interested but really it wouldn't be a bad of a move at all

For the Knicks they'd just be giving up is some defense and shot blocking.

Knicks would get an elite scorer to replace any thing kristaps could bring next season at his best.

Plus combine Combine Melo
with another elite scorer would be :ohlawd:

More Importantly, Knicks backcourt would be finally set.

Adding kyrie with their existing options at the 1-2 would make Knicks backcourt very deep and (considering frank Ntilikina stays and pans out) very versatile.

Frank can play 1-2. He looks to be a good shooter. He'll be a good defender either position.

Kyrie is really a 2. But he can play make just off breaking down the defense.

T Hardaway can get buckets at 2-3 position slashing and just coming off the bench I guess

Courtney Lee is solid shooter and defender starter. But they could always trade him for a nicer piece they need

AND they have that new draft pick who's jumper was WET in summer league who could develop into something

And they still got sessions as a vet and the white guy as a nice potential back up PG.

All the Knicks would need to find is a decent stretch 4-5 who can rebound and block shots (Which shouldn't be hard in today's NBA) and they're legit contenders in 1-2 years especially in the east (after Lebron leaves):manny:

The other option is wait on Kristaps to become the man, rebuild around him over the next 3-5 years and the young core backcourt and send Melo to the bushes:camby:

If you were Knicks GM What would you do? :jbhmm:

See Allen Iverson in 2007. Nah.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See Allen Iverson in 2007. Nah.

I still wish Iverson and Melo never happened. :beli:

but this season is a new Melo. I think he's changed into more of a team player now. And he knows he can't be the alpha or the 1st option to win. Him and Kryrie both would probably come to terms with this

Back then both Melo and AI were alphas. And the league wasn't ready for that.

And the league is way different now. :manny:

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
I still wish Iverson and Melo never happened. :beli:

but this season is a new Melo. I think he's changed into more of a team player now. And he knows he can't be the alpha or the 1st option to win. Him and Kryrie both would probably come to terms with this

Back then both Melo and AI were alphas. And the league wasn't ready for that.

And the league is way different now. :manny:

Iverson was more willing to take the backseat. Problem was GK didn't make them play defense. They got to the WCF with them 2 and billups. I thought my dogs was gone get that ring.

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
They have their team set, adding Kyrie doesn't fit
Their team is far from a real threat in my opinion. I'd flip IT and Kyrie. IT is set to decline fast and is going to be getting a max contract from someone, Kyrie is just as good, 3 years younger, and should be great for longer. Irving can fit the timeline infinitely better with their young talent being added through the draft, and his contract situation will be beneficial come FA next year.

The Celtics best bet at a title is taking the longer approach.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson was more willing to take the backseat. Problem was GK didn't make them play defense. They got to the WCF with them 2 and billups. I thought my dogs was gone get that ring.

Yea i never did like GK as a coach. But yea, Iverson is a shooting guard. Knicks have some nice PG prospects to team up with Kyrie and let him iso/play off the ball like he basically does in Cleveland.

Realistically, how can you guard a team with Melo and Kyrie. They can ISO and get buckets whenever you need :ohlawd:

And the knicks gonna be full of shooters this season.:manny: