Lagos Nigeria......

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have any family there so I'm building my own network from scratch. I have a few people there that have been a big help teaching and showing me things.

How do you handle traveling back and forth so often? I met a lady in Naija who travels to and from the UK but she only travels every 6 months. I plan to do that until I'm ready to disconnect.

you definitely got to have people that can take care of your interests in both places, it makes life a lot easier..... especially in Nigeria , thankfully I have family in Nigeria that look after my interests

But I had to really really simplify my life so that I dont have to many things that Im juggling .... you find that youve been out the country for 3 months and now you have a court summons because your council tax hasnt been paid.........Its in the same timezone as the UK so it helps with business/office hours and its only a 6 hour flight ....

I try and do everything online... banking etc.... that way i can keep track of everything wherever I am, If I have dealings with any entity I always ask for email correspondence ....

The thing I struggle with sometimes is a feeling of disconnect , I feel like Im always playing catch up and that Im out the loop

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have any family there so I'm building my own network from scratch. I have a few people there that have been a big help teaching and showing me things.

How do you handle traveling back and forth so often? I met a lady in Naija who travels to and from the UK but she only travels every 6 months. I plan to do that until I'm ready to disconnect.

forgot to say ........ Biggest problem Ive had on the Nigerian side of things is that they will never tell you "no"

a lot of people make promises they cant keep .... be prepared to be let down a lot

shopant

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im in Lagos 2-3 times a year. Ask me anything.
I heard stories from some people i knew back then that for safety reasons their bosses had to be transported by car without making any stops from the airport to the hotel after they had arrived there for a business visit since they were white. True or not?

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
you definitely got to have people that can take care of your interests in both places, it makes life a lot easier..... especially in Nigeria , thankfully I have family in Nigeria that look after my interests

But I had to really really simplify my life so that I dont have to many things that Im juggling .... you find that youve been out the country for 3 months and now you have a court summons because your council tax hasnt been paid.........Its in the same timezone as the UK so it helps with business/office hours and its only a 6 hour flight ....

I try and do everything online... banking etc.... that way i can keep track of everything wherever I am, If I have dealings with any entity I always ask for email correspondence ....

The thing I struggle with sometimes is a feeling of disconnect , I feel like Im always playing catch up and that Im out the loop

You're at an advantage with a solid network. I got it bad but I'm building bridges with folks.

Speakin of banking, I realized one of my banks wouldn't let me access my online account while I was there. I thought I was tripping but then I realized why :facepalm:. I like how Nigerian restaurants bring the POS machine to you. I believe that's a practice the U.S. should adopt.

forgot to say ........ Biggest problem Ive had on the Nigerian side of things is that they will never tell you "no"

a lot of people make promises they cant keep .... be prepared to be let down a lot

Now that you've mentioned that, I did have that situation happen to me. I kept asking people to do a simple service for me and everyone kept saying sure, I'll take care of you today and this went on for 2 damn weeks! No one did it until my final day there lol. So that's to be expected?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're at an advantage with a solid network. I got it bad but I'm building bridges with folks.

Speakin of banking, I realized one of my banks wouldn't let me access my online account while I was there. I thought I was tripping but then I realized why :facepalm:. I like how Nigerian restaurants bring the POS machine to you. I believe that's a practice the U.S. should adopt.

Now that you've mentioned that, I did have that situation happen to me. I kept asking people to do a simple service for me and everyone kept saying sure, I'll take care of you today and this went on for 2 damn weeks! No one did it until my final day there lol. So that's to be expected?

On a regular basis ...... until you find someone thats reliable do everything yourself because it wont get done

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
just got my visa today :banderas:
Flight booked
hotel booked

The scarf in lagos :wow:

People are going to want to get to know you and be around you so get ready to exchange numbers, Facebook, and any kind of social media. I still have random people calling me and adding me on FB from Nigeria.

Make sure you visit The New Afrika Shrine (free on Thursdays, cover charge on Sundays) and Lekki Conservation Center (the canopy walk costs extra & is the longest in Africa).

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Can someone tell me a legit orphanage or shelter in Lagos?

Got my work to give me a bunch of supplies I'ma take down

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As for the thread.

Abuja > Lagos
Don't be surprised when its the largest city in the near future.
Abuja,+Capital+City+of+Nigeria.jpg
Planned cities are always above average when they have a strong population influx.
Trying to visit there this summer as well.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Planned cities are always above average when they have a strong population influx.

From an infrastructure standpoint Abuja blows Lagos out of the water. However, Lagos has all Nigerian cities beat in terms of culture. Abuja can be a bit boring at times no lie.

Lagos is far more cosmopolitan

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As for the thread.

Abuja > Lagos
Don't be surprised when its the largest city in the near future.
Abuja,+Capital+City+of+Nigeria.jpg

Never going to happen ....

firstly Lagos and Abuja are like Rio and Brasilia .... brasilia is the capital of Brasil but everyone goes to Rio to party and for business

same with Lagos..... Abuja is much more cleaner , better run and planned ... but lagos is where the money is .... lagos is the commercial capital

Politics is done in abuja, but money is made in Lagos, and lagos has the best party scene , no one is going to abuja for tourism , every Friday all the local flights from Abuja are packed with people who work there going to Lagos for the weekend ...

also with Eko Atlantic being built from the sea there is a lot more space being generated for more people ...

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Abuja is really really nice .... but its dead boring , no one moves to Abuja unless they are working for the government or has a job connected to politics