Lebron at age 28 vs Steph at age 28

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He ain't better than him now either:

'Bron is better at running an offense than anyone in the entire Association right now and 1 of the greatest of all time right now at that.

He's a better scorer than Curry. He doesn't spend all game running to screens and running from defenders out of fear of having to shoot a contested shot. He has a consistent turnaround jumper, 3, post game, and slash game. Will have more points than Curry at the end of Curry's career.

He can do more than Curry can with less talent around him. Dray is the MVP on the team. Iggy won Finals MVP.

It's not a debate. Why are y'all struggling with this?

LeBron is not better nor is he playing better than Curry right now. Statistically he's been having a better career, but right now Curry is the best player in the NBA, end of discussion. You can fight it all you want.

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
LeBron is not better nor is he playing better than Curry right now. Statistically he's been having a better career, but right now Curry is the best player in the NBA, end of discussion. You can fight it all you want.

Which is why you have nothing but assertions? :comeon: "Fight it"? :mjlol: I'm not even a 'Bron fan. 99.9% of my negs have come from criticizing him. :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Which is why you have nothing but assertions? :comeon: "Fight it"? :mjlol: I'm not even a 'Bron fan. 99.9% of my negs have come from criticizing him. :francis:

I can type all of this shyt out but all I'm going to get is runarounds :beli:

We'll continue this discussion after the finals.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
And that's why you can't refute it? :comeon: It seems like your feelings are hurt.

You said LeBron was a consistent jumpshooter, is the best scorer in the league, that Curry of all people is afraid of taking contested jumpshots and have an apparent lack of understanding about off ball movement. Its too dumb to refute

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This isn't true. Check the stats.

Bron is outplaying curry in every category right now, and his team is winning more

Victim of Racism

I'm a brehette
Daps
You said LeBron was a consistent jumpshooter, is the best scorer in the league, that Curry of all people is afraid of taking contested jumpshots and have an apparent lack of understanding about off ball movement. Its too dumb to refute

Quote me saying 'Bron is a "consistent jumpshooter". Here, I'll save you some time by quoting myself:
Nah, he's not a jump-shooter. His jumper is about as broken as it gets, but he has that turnaround jumper. He's a decent post player. He's hot and cold with the 3. :wtb: He shot above average (31.5%:NBA.com/Stats) for 11 of his 13 years in the league, including 40% from 3 in the 2012-2013 season: NBA.com/Stats. I don't ever remember him being more than trash from mid-range.

He has a consistent turnaround jumper, 3, post game, and slash game.

Quote me saying he's "the best scorer in the league". Again, I'll save you some time by quoting myself:
He's a better scorer than Curry. He doesn't spend all game running to screens and running from defenders out of fear of having to shoot a contested shot. He has a consistent turnaround jumper, 3, post game, and slash game. Will have more points than Curry at the end of Curry's career.

'Melo is the best scorer.
Make excuses for Curry spending all game running to screens and running from defenders with "off-ball movement" arguments. :bryan:That boy be runnin' for his life.
It's "too dumb to refute" but you just tried to and failed miserably. :bryan:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Quote me saying 'Bron is a "consistent jumpshooter". Here, I'll save you some time by quoting myself:

Quote me saying he's "the best scorer in the league". Again, I'll save you some time by quoting myself:

'Melo is the best scorer.

Make excuses for Curry spending all game running to screens and running from defenders with "off-ball movement" arguments. :bryan:That boy be runnin' for his life.

It's "too dumb to refute" but you just tried to and failed miserably. :bryan:

Do you not see the idiocy in saying he has a broken jumpshot, but then in the very next sentence claiming he has a good turnaround jumper. LeBron shot 36% on turnaround jumpshots this season per NBA.Savant., check your facts next time. He shot 31% from three this season - league average is 35%. Tf is consistent about that

Carmelo isn't even the best scorer at his position let alone in the league and had a very down season for his standards. You literally weren't watching basketball this year if you think this.

& again, that 2nd to last sentence shows zero understanding of off ball movement nor does it acknowledge how well he scores in isolation/P&R. You don't even have a grasp on common basketball strategy. You're just saying things that come to the top of your mind without even bothering to research and back your stance up with actual facts

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Who cares who was the better player by age 16, 21, 28 or whatever other obscure age that we can name.

The fact of the matter is, Steph is better than Lebron NOW. Steph knows it, the fans know it, the NBA knows it, and Lebron needs to get over it.

Lebron has been coronated as the "King" since before he came into the league. His era is over as being the "it" guy is over.

It's time to accept it.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Nah, he's not a jump-shooter. His jumper is about as broken as it gets, but he has that turnaround jumper. He's a decent post player. He's hot and cold with the 3. :wtb: He shot above average (31.5%:NBA.com/Stats) for 11 of his 13 years in the league, including 40% from 3 in the 2012-2013 season: NBA.com/Stats. I don't ever remember him being more than trash from mid-range.

:dwillhuh: If "average" is 6'2'' (it isn't) and he's taller, that makes him a big guard. :snoop:

:dahell: Harden led the league in steals too. Both he and Harden are trash defenders.

:ohhh: :mjlol: What's "10th in assists" worth when you're also "10th" in turnovers: NBA.com/Stats. What's 6.7apg worth when you average 3.3tpg? That's 2 assists for every turnover. CP3 averages 4 assists for every turnover.

I will say this, as far as "skill", I meant shooting. Despite his turnovers, he's great at running an offense, which makes him a great player in my eyes. That said, he's not in the same stratosphere as 'Bron in that category or any other. He doesn't deserve to be compared to him and doesn't belong in the same sentence with him. I'll edit my post accordingly.

Brin had never shot above league average from 3 during his first 8 seasons ... I'm using that because the graphic used those seasons as a qualifier.

NBA League Averages | Basketball-Reference.com
LeBron James

And yes, Curry makes a lot of turnovers. Won't even defend that, but he's also a more than capable passer who just tries to make flashy passes.

And Harden has never led the league in steals.
NBA Honors: Steals Leaders, Year by Year